What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos in Cloud

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can I transfer photos from my laptop to my iPad and keep them in the cloud, so that they do not use up memory on my iPad.

If so any photos on my iPad I could delete and they would be backed up from the day before on the cloud.
Is that correct or am I barking up the wrong tree. From a newbie. Thanks for any advice.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken and your referring to "iCloud", the photos backed up to iCloud only remain there for a limited period of time, not permanently. You could use an app like drop box that would keep your photos permanently.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also recommend an app like dropbox........
This is exactly what we use it for..........to automatically transfer the photos taken on the iPad to our main computer.
Should also work in reverse.

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS photostream will allow you to do what you want in part. The Photostream (enabled as part of the iCloud service) will keep your last 1,000 photos and keep them in sync on your iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC if so enabled). When you reach 1,001 photos on the photostream, the first photo you uploaded will be deleted. When you reach 1,002 photos, the second photo you uploaded will be deleted and so on. You can install the Photostream handler on your PC and you can import photos to the photostream on your PC and they will appear on all your other iOS devices that have iCloud and Photostream enabled. You can learn more about iCloud Photostream here:

Apple - iCloud - New photos on all your devices.

and getting it setup on your PC here:

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts