What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo app

phillipb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a photo app similar to what is already included in the ipad but allows me to see the file names of each photo as I scroll through. Is there such an app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use an app called Photo Manager Pro that allows you to make captions. Then, you can either turn captions on or off i the app. Is that what you mean?

For $1.99 USD (on sale) in the app store, I am very pleased with this app and the ability to create folders - and sub-folders - within the app. It's where I have all my photos versus the original Apple Photo app.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
P

phillipb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, that would probably do, except I would have to do double the work.
I'm scanning hundreds of old photos of my ancestors and I usually name the file with the name of the person that is in the photo. If I use captions then I will have to start all over again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but - the caption on the app is the filename.

So, for example, I name the file Grandpa Joe.jpg." Once you put the photo in the app/on the iPad, the caption reads "Grandpa Joe." No extra typing required.

What I meant by making captions is that you can turn captions on and then, I think, the app strips off the filename extension. So, it doesn't show the .jpg, .gif, etc parts.

The only extra bit, typing wise, that's needed is creating the folders.

Hope that makes more sense; sorry for the confusion.

Marilyn

OP
P

phillipb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn,
You're absolutely right, I got the app and so far looks very promising.

Most reactions

Latest posts