What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File view/management

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app similar to ifile that allows you to view and manage all the files on your iPad? For instance if you want to delete a file and/or scroll through all your current files.

Any input is appreciated thanks:cool:

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad uses iOS, which doesn't really have a file system to manage. It's pretty much isolated app, to app.
I don't know of any way to see everything you have in each one at the same time. Unless I misunderstand what you're trying to do :)

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm basically trying to look for an app that is exactly like ifile

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two programs called 'iFile' - one for jailbroken and one for non-jailbroken iPads. Is your iPad jailbroken or a stock model?

Tim

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's jail broken Tim (I know iFile is a cydia tweak or app but I think I might have downloaded the free one which didn't let me do very much so if anyone knows how to download the full version for a jail broken iPad please elaborate)

Thanks

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^I might as well just download iFile because I don't think there is any other sort of way to manage or view all the files in folder format on the iPad. lol :( There are videos on youtube that explain how to download the full version of iFile for free on jail broken iPads but it's hard to understand them. Soo if some one would do the honors of explaining it to me on here in detail, it would be much appriciated. (don't really know if that's agianst the rules or not:eek:) lol :cool:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^^I might as well just download iFile because I don't think there is any other sort of way to manage or view all the files in folder format on the iPad. lol :( There are videos on youtube that explain how to download the full version of iFile for free on jail broken iPads but it's hard to understand them. Soo if some one would do the honors of explaining it to me on here in detail, it would be much appriciated. (don't really know if that's agianst the rules or not:eek:) lol :cool:

Excellent tut here:
www.Don'tBeApirate.com :p
You could spend the $4 and buy the full version from the cydia store....as I did.
Unless you want advice on how to download the full version for free or in lamens terms "pirated" version....you won't get help here.
Don't be a pirate -.-

Last edited:
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Excellent tut here:
You could spend the $4 and buy the full version from the cydia store....as I did.
Unless you want advice on how to download the full version for free or in lamens terms "pirated" version....you won't get help here.
Don't be a pirate -.-

Lol what's the point of jail breaking your iPad then?:confused: Yeah I know what you said above is the â€politically correct answer" but come on i'm just saying what every body is thinking out loud. And i'm almost 87% sure that not every body on here pays for their apps:)

^^Don't take it the wrong way though.:D

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I took OUTL4W's advice and purchased iFile. Looks very complicated to use though, can somebody please run me through on me to use it? (I know some what how to use it)

Reaction score

Excellent tut here:
Don't be a pirate -.-

Lol what's the point of jail breaking your iPad then?:confused: Yeah I know what you said above is the ”politically correct answer" but come on i'm just saying what every body is thinking out loud. And i'm almost 87% sure that not every body on here pays for their apps:)

This may be true BUT discussion about how to or anything similar to pirate is off limits on this forum in public.
No offense meant , just stating the facts.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent tut here:
Don't be a pirate -.-

Lol what's the point of jail breaking your iPad then?:confused: Yeah I know what you said above is the â€politically correct answer" but come on i'm just saying what every body is thinking out loud. And i'm almost 87% sure that not every body on here pays for their apps:)

This may be true BUT discussion about how to or anything similar to pirate is off limits on this forum in public.
No offense meant , just stating the facts.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Ohh "in public" I gotcha ;) PM it is then lol jks

Reaction score
Good Morning Friends
I bought my Ipad Air Last week and trying to take the files from my Laptop to Ipad thru Drop Box.
As replied in one of the threads.. it takes only 2gb and for more need to buy..

when I send the word and excel files to my email and try to save in Ipad.. failed..
and Drop Box files are not executable.. i mean.. edit..
If I buy Office 365, will I be able to edit and save the files in Ipad?

What other ways, I can take the files from my laptop to Ipad?

Next Music files..
I have around 2000 songs, i want to take it to my I pad..how to take it?
can any one help me please..

Thanks

Ramesh

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The thread you've replied to is over 3 years old, which will affect the number of people who see your post. Best to ask this in your own thread, or ask a moderator to move it for you.

But the answers are:

There is more than one cloud service, and they have different limits.. If yo don't want to pay to have all your stuff in one place, you can spread it out a bit. Also, keep an eye on promotions. I got 50GB of space on Box during one of their promotions.

DropBox and the other cloud services will only open (for viewing) the more standard file types. To actually edit them you'll need apps for each type of file you want to work with. An Office 365 subscription will let you use the MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint iOS apps to edit documents. Without the subscription these apps are view only.

Since you just bough your iPad Air, you should have free access to Apple's office apps: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Check them out in the App Store. They will import and export to MS Office. Most people who only need occasional compatibility with MS Office find they work fine.

Apps have their own file space. When you use Open In to move a file from DropBox to another app, it makes a copy. This is about to change in iOS 8. You came at a good time.

If you want your music files in the Music app you will have to use iTunes on a computer. Download it from Apple's site, then import your music. Once you do that you can connect your iPad and sync.

You can learn a lot more by downloading the iBook app, going to the iBook Store inside the app, and getting the free iPad User Guide. Make sure you get iOS 7 version. There is also a PDF version available on Apple's site, and an online version. I don't have the links handy at the moment, but keep an eye on the signatures of the moderators. Most have the links there.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't import the files to a folder on your iPad, in case that's what you want to do. They'll be in an app, where you can access them. To edit files from Dropbox, there's the "Open in..." option, which can be found almost everywhere on your iDevice.

When you view a file, you'll find the Share button at the top right. Tap it, and select "Open in...". The next popup will show all apps that are able to use/edit/work with the documents.

Here's the link to the online iPad User Guide: http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 191

Most reactions

Latest posts