What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@zagg, I'm from the Uk and have preordered one of these, on the website it says it will ship on or before the 17th, any chance it will be here for christmas?? :(

galaxyfaraway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey! That is exactly right! If I order for in store pickup, it will take 2 weeks (according to you and to Best Buy! Thank you for being so knowledgeable!) I went into the store (was there when it opened!) and there were 4 in stock. They were located with the accessories for the iPad, like the sleeves. I told my aunt, and she also purchased on in the store at Best Buy at a different location on the west side.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got one he found them over by the printers....and since he works for BestBuy his employee discount kicks the price down to 52$. Which is nice since he was gifting it to me for Christmas. Anyway he had to go to his store cause the one by our house is the one he searched for over an hour and they supposedly had 5....

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got one he found them over by the printers....and since he works for BestBuy his employee discount kicks the price down to 52$. Which is nice since he was gifting it to me for Christmas. Anyway he had to go to his store cause the one by our house is the one he searched for over an hour and they supposedly had 5....

Ooooh, I'm jealous of his discount AND of the fact you're getting it (got it?) for Christmas.

So, was it worth the search? It was for me - but I'd also like to know what others think...

Marilyn

Last edited:

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm...I am not too sure about this. I would much rather that ZAGG made one that was a book style instead of the current style. I would hate to have to ALWAYS position the clip and such.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ooooh, I'm jealous of his discount AND of the fact you're getting it (got it?) for Christmas.

So, was it worth the search? It was for me - but I'd also like to know what others think...

Marilyn

I got to see the box but then he quickly took it from me so I have to wait until Christmas.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now if only the iPad had flash...

keyboard + flash = games!?!?!?

KenJr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mild Disappointments

Thank you for the excellent review.

Looks like the Zaggmate will be the only keyboard case with a decent keyboard where user reviews are available to read before gift purchase time. There's been no recent word from Clamcase, and the Crux 360, even though it's available for pre-order, still, as far as I can see, hasn't been released to anyone for independent review. Can't help but wonder why. Anyhow, I had hoped to have three decent keyboard cases to choose from before finishing my shopping. The hype looks good on those other two, but with no reviews it looks like the Zaggmate is our only viable choice this season. Maybe the best way to meet all needs (keyboard AND variable tilt) is to purchase the Zaggmate along with a Belkin Grip 360. This would give us a good keyboard AND a good portrait/landscape variable angle view device.

By the way, for those who are used to using the delete key (delete, NOT backspace) in documents and spreadsheets, not having that key is very much an irritating omission.

ctitus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it fit upside down?

Hello,

Great review; thanks. I wonder though: does the iPad fit in the case upside down, so that the screen faces up and the back of the iPad sits against the keyboard? I see myself using it this way when I'm not typing on the keyboard.

Many thanks --

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
... does the iPad fit in the case upside down, so that the screen faces up and the back of the iPad sits against the keyboard? I see myself using it this way when I'm not typing on the keyboard. ...

No, not really, not the way you think.

Yeah, you can set the iPad on the case the way you described, but it won't stay like it does when it's face down. The iPad just sets down on top of the case and it it'll slide right off if you tilt it in any way. I guess there's too much of a curve to the back of the iPad...

I usually just set the case aside when I'm using the iPad "naked" or when I'm not using the keyboard. Although, I have carried them together that way as I move from room to room within my house (easier than putting them together and taking them apart). It'll do no harm to have them this way - you just don't have the fit you'd have using it as designed.

Hope that's clear, if not necessarily helpful.

Marilyn

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww! I was hoping you could attach the case to the back not using the keyboard!

Anyways, I've been looking into the ClamCase. HOLY CRAP that looks awesome.

Turn your iPad into a Netbook! I've been trying to find prices, and many sites say only 70$!!!

Will wait, then decide between the two~!

Most reactions

Latest posts