What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Library App?

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm wondering if there's an app. that runs like the Goodreads site where you can track books that you want to read and those you have read. I tried looking on Google but all I found was ListIt and I'm not entirely sure it will do what I want and I don't want to pay $4.99 for a guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't find any app in the app store named ListIt.

There is a Goodreads app, but it isn't optimized for the iPad. You could still use it if looks aren't that important to you.

Another app, FriendItem - Social Book Service looks similar to Goodreads, though obviously it would be a different social network. It appears to be free at the moment. There is a free lite version also.

There are several good personal library/cataloging apps. They are probably overkill, and I don't believe they have the social component of Goodreads, but maybe you'd like one of them.

iPad Apps/Games : Book Cataloging Apps

Many of them have Lite versions you can try out for free.

OP
WannaBeMac

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks loads twerppoet!! I don't necessarily need the social networking aspect, so I think the iBookshelf app is perfect. Thank you so much.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

I was leaning towards Book Crawler myself, but they both look to be good choices. Be sure to check them all out before paying. The App Guides aren't always up to date and devs are adding new features all the time.

OP
WannaBeMac

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wrote to the developer of iBookshelf asking about a feature that is important to me (which I have discovered Book Crawler has) and am waiting for a response. Not sure how long I should wait before giving up and going with BC though.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, that's the one I have too. Still putting in my books though, could take a while

Most reactions

Latest posts