What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing books with the Kindle App

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My books show up fine in iBooks but if I wanted to view them with the Kindle app, how to I get Kindle to see them? Other than using iTunes and having them added again, is there any way they can be shared?
I know I can import them to Goodreader then tell it to open them in Kindle but I was hoping I could just open Kindle and show it where the books are. I'm guessing that's a big, 'Negative'!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle books and iBooks are a completely different and incompatible format. So it's not possible to transfer books between the two apps - although some books are available, separately (additional purchase) in both formats.

Tim

OP
Beerman

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Kindle books and iBooks are a completely different and incompatible format. So it's not possible to transfer books between the two apps - although some books are available, separately (additional purchase) in both formats.

Tim

Thanks, iBook is fine for reading but I wanted to try out kindle. I see that proprietary-ness still lives!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, iBook is fine for reading but I wanted to try out kindle. I see that proprietary-ness still lives!

So, get the Kindle app. It comes with a couple free books you can check out, and there are plenty of other free books in Amazon's Kindle book store. You are bound to find at least one that you want to read.

The books must be purchased online at Amazon's Kindle store, but as long as you set up the Kindle app with the same Amazon login ID, they will show up in the Kindle apps Archive for download. {Free books go through the purchase process, usually One Click, though you won't be charged.}

Most reactions

Latest posts