What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Roadmaps

Dani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bruutheid.nl
I'm going on a 3 week road trip true west USA, I will use my navigation system while driving. Bud I would love to have Maps on my iPad for a overview of the location and travel plans.

I know the iPad has a standard map app but that needs GPS and Internet. To save money I would like a solution that does not need a Internet connection.

Does anybody have a tip for me?

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, Dani. Take a look at Navfree GPS Live USA by Navigation Geolife Ltd. in the app store.

CoPilot Live USA for the iPhone is $5US, and works on the iPad, and CoPilot Live HD North America for the iPad is $30US. (also in the app store)

All of these maps are stored in your device, and seem to be reasonably accurate, but CoPilot has more features and works smoother.

I'm sure others will have suggestions, as well, but this will get you started.

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently traveling in Washington DC and what I did was get the maps i needed when I had wifi and screen captured the maps.

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in mountainous terrain, no cell coverage in most places. So what I do is preview locations where I think I'm gonna be, what it does is caches maps on my i, so no Internet is needed.

Most reactions

Latest posts