What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-road GPS without 3G turned on

aribelin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeking a iPad native app that will do off-road navigation/gps without having to turn on the 3G in my iPad 1 WiFi 3G. Not really needing typical navigation, need this for use in my Rubicon for trails. From what I know, the maps would have to be downloadable.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Motion gps x hd allows you to download maps before you leave. It covers most forms of navigation as well even marine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like Motion X GPS and Motion X GPS Drive too.

But for real off road (or as a supplement) you might want to check out Topo Maps for iPad. You can download topographical maps for the areas you want to visit.

And then there is NavFree, which I have no personal experience with. But it is free.

Disclaimer: I like Topo Maps, but there are others in the store with better ratings. I have not tried any of them. You might want to do a little more research before buying.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts