What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf not displaying on my ipad 2.

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pls can anybody help me, I need to fill some document online and they are in Portable Document Format (PDF). while some PDF are showing properly the ones i needed for the registration are no displaying. i even tried opening it with the Adobe reader i have installed on my iPad 2. Pls i would be very very grateful if this issue can be resolved as i need to be mobile with the filling of the documents.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pls can anybody help me, I need to fill some document online and they are in Portable Document Format (PDF). while some PDF are showing properly the ones i needed for the registration are no displaying. i even tried opening it with the Adobe reader i have installed on my iPad 2. Pls i would be very very grateful if this issue can be resolved as i need to be mobile with the filling of the documents.

What is the website?

OP
profolagab

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am kind of new here and i tried sending the link it said my post needed be more than 3 before i can post any link or photo

OP
profolagab

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is the massage i get on my screen.
Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

OP
profolagab

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please i need help with this, i am trying to fill some document online and the documents are in PDF, the annoying part is that all the pdf files that i have been opening before now have been displaying perfectly. but when it got to the point where i needed it most this is the message that is been displayed on my iPad 2.....

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

AND here is the web link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
profolagab said:

Yeah, I got the same thing you got in both safari and atomic web. If there is no mistake with that link you may need to find a pc or try another browser.

Edit: Yes, there is nothing wrong with the link...the problem is the browser on the iPad...neither of the two I have can view this PDF form.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
profolagab:

I moved your posts here to this thread you started concerning a PDF issue. You posted your question smack dab in the middle of a conversation about screen protectors; such interruptions are poor forum etiquette because they break up the ongoing conversation. It called thread hijacking and is frowned upon here (it's against our rules, too).

In addition, you started a main thread with the same topic. Please don't post more than one thread for any given topic. It fragments the conversation and makes it difficult for others to follow along.

For the future, please use this thread (only) for any further discussion of this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

OP
profolagab

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
profolagab:

I moved your posts here to this thread you started concerning a PDF issue. You posted your question smack dab in the middle of a conversation about screen protectors; such interruptions are poor forum etiquette because they break up the ongoing conversation. It called thread hijacking and is frowned upon here (it's against our rules, too).

In addition, you started a main thread with the same topic. Please don't post more than one thread for any given topic. It fragments the conversation and makes it difficult for others to follow along.

For the future, please use this thread (only) for any further discussion of this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

i am really sorry about that i never intended to disrupt the on going conversation, i am kind of new here and in desperate need of an answer to the problem i have at hand. thanks and sorry for the interruption.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried your link on my Android tablet and it didn't work there either. It works fine on my Windows PC. I hope someone else will chime in with some ideas...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I managed to download the document using the Web Download feature in GoodReader. It would not display the pdf, so I tried opening it in PDF Expert. This is what I got.

PDFExpertWarnign.jpg

A search of the App Store did not immediately show any apps capable of displaying an Adobe Dynamic XML Form. Not to say there is not one, just that my quick search came up empty.

Our of curiosity I chose the Send To Us option in the PDF Expert dialog. So far no reply, but I'll update here when they do.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I received my replay from PDF Expert. They could not convert the file because it is protected. That probably means you will not be able to convert it even if you get the Adobe LifeCycle Designer trial they recommend.

At this point all I can think of is to explore the website to see if they have alternate versions of the file, or contact the originators and see what they can/will do.

OP
profolagab

profolagab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so very much. you have been so helpful. i think at this point its left to Apple to do what so ever that is needed to be done so that i can view such files on my iPad. since the file displays perfectly well on Windows Pc

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or Adobe could update their own iOS app to do so. They just did do an update, with some nice new features, but Dynamic XML file support was not included. Well I don't' thinks so. Might be worth your while to update the app and check again.

I'm pretty sure your Windows machine doesn't natively display these files either. You probably have Adobe Reader installed, and it is a much more capable app on Windows and OSX than it is on iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts