What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF's

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some PDF"s in my iBooks. Is there any way to get the to the adobe acrobat reader to view them there instead of in iBooks? The reader seems to display them better then iBooks. I'm so used to windows so please forgive my ignorance. In windows I can open it up in the program of my choice.

Thanks
Patrick

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some PDF"s in my iBooks. Is there any way to get the to the adobe acrobat reader to view them there instead of in iBooks? The reader seems to display them better then iBooks. I'm so used to windows so please forgive my ignorance. In windows I can open it up in the program of my choice.

Thanks
Patrick

Hi there--you can use other apps if you would like to read and also annotate PDFs if you don't want to use iBooks.

I have several apps that I use:
--Iannotate
--Adobe Reader
--Goodreader
--Evernote

Try a few of these. Good luck and hope this helps!

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have adobe acrobat reader on it now. What I'm trying to do is get the pdf's that are in iBooks right now and them in adobe

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried to long press on one of my PDFs in iBooks...and I can't seem to get the "open with..."

So, how about trying to email it to yourself and open in adobe that way?

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will try. I'm so used to finding the file in a directory and not having it locked Ina particular program. Seems a bit of waste having it in two different places though.

Again
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is some getting used to it, but as a windows user myself, it removes all those pull down menus that we are accustomed to.

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Is there any way to email from iBooks? Lol

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, see below...you must open the PDF. Than press the square with the arrow coming out.

image-3760577700.jpg

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that, all I get is the print option.

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have your email set up in the mail app yet? That may be why. You need to set up you account first thru the mail app to do this.

Sorry, assumed that you had already done that.

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have about 10 different accounts set up in the mail program. It is the first thing I did when I got it about 6months ago.

Thanks
Patrick

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's weird why you do not have this email option. What kind of PDF are you trying to email? Maybe it has restrictions for that.

OP
P

pt1rcdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol must be. I just tried another one of the pdf's in iBooks and it worked perfectly. Go figure?

Thanks
Patrick

Most reactions

Latest posts