1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

PDF in iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iPadquest123, Sep 27, 2011.

1. iPadquest123

iPadquest123 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have a html file that opens a pdf document when called. I'm able to view the pdf file when I call this html in Firefox and Safari on my PC. But when I call the html in iPad ,the pdf document is not loading and am seeing a blank window. I'm a new bee to iPad. Can anyone tell me if the following html file has the correct div parameters to display pdf document in iPad. I would appreciate your answer. Thanks.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent" />
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>Test</title>

</head>
    <body>
    <div> <object height="1250px" width="100%" type="application/pdf" data="Better Future In Intro Module.pdf">
    <param value="Better Future In Intro Module.pdf" name="src"/> <param value="transparent" name="wmode"/> </object> </div>

</body>
    </html>
  2. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Are you able to pull up the pdf file using a direct link to the file? I don't see the domain in there so can't test it.