What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf expert?

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you change a xls file to a pdf so I can edit it using pdf expert?

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you trying to change this from a computer to transfer to your ipad so it will read on pdf expert? If so--can you just change the extension to .pdf?

If you are using Apple's iWorks Productivity apps-it is made easy by pressing the wrench icon to share the doc and convert it to a PDF. On Pages-which reads Word docs--this is the way I convert it back if needed.

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't there a way in the app itself to do it?

I get an xls file emailed to me, I open it in "PDF expert" and then I want to edit it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't there a way in the app itself to do it?

I get an xls file emailed to me, I open it in "PDF expert" and then I want to edit it.

Sorry, I don't have the app to tell you. I know for my PDF apps--one I use is iAnnotate. I can edit a Word document through iAnnotate with that and it doesn't need to be in a PDF format.

sliceoflife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not believe you can edit in "PDF Expert". If you have a PDF with fillable fields you can fill them in. But as far as editing the base layer of the PDF you will have to use something else like Adobe Acrobat on your PC.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF Expert only offers annotation and the ability to fill out forms. You can also re-arrange/delete/combine pages. But you can not edit the text of the PDF. I know of no iPad app that will actually edit a PDF.

Normally, you edit the file in whatever native format it's in, then generate a PDF from that, for sharing.

PDF Expert does not have the ability to convert other file formats to PDF. However, PDF Converter, from the same developer, does.

Also, most iPad apps that will open/edit Office documents can export as PDF files, often directly to PDF Expert using the Open In feature of the app. The iWorks apps will for sure. You'll need to read the description of the other Office compatible apps, as I have no direct experience with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts