What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert - How to sync filefs to drobox?

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I created a few folders with files in them via PDF Expert, and I want them to automatically sync to dropbox. What steps do I take to do that?

D

Deleted member 247820

I created a few folders with files in them via PDF Expert, and I want them to automatically sync to dropbox. What steps do I take to do that?
Hi Strutter.
This does not answer your question, but in my opinion it is better to not sync anything automatically.
I much prefer manual control, that way you get a small chance to avoid unintended consequences.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have PDF Expert and, as far as I can tell, there is no way to automatically sync your files to Dropbox. You can link to Dropbox, but again, as far as I know, the only auto-syncing Dropbox does is with photos.

I've not used PDF Expert in a while, so all I can suggest is to try opening a file within Dropbox and then saving it back?

Other than that, I've got nothing. Sorry.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chapter 13 of the PDF Expert Guide covers syncing. It should have downloaded as a part of PDF Expert and be readable within the app.

Basically you go to Networks, add your DropBox account if necessary, browse to the folder you want to sync, then tap the Sync button at the top right. In Settings make sure Sync is set to either Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and cellular; otherwise the app only syncs manually, when you tap the Sync button.

If the files are already in local folder in PDF Expert, you will have to move them to the selected DropBox folder(s). You can do this by choosing the Documents view, navigating to the folder/files you want to move, tapping the Edit button at the top right, checking the files you wish to move, then using the Move tool.

In my experience changes made to a document sync back to DropBox quickly. Occasionally I will have to force a sync (by tapping the Sync button) to get documents to sync from DropBox to PDF Expert; but that could be impatience on my part. The app should sync on opening, and every 10 minutes after that. It will not sync if the app is closed, though that behavior may have changed somewhat since iOS7, if the developer enabled background updates.

Most reactions

Latest posts