PC does not detect ipad in restore.mode

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dscatdan1, Mar 1, 2014.

1. dscatdan1

dscatdan1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ipad2 after recent update now stuck in restore mode. PC does not detect when connect via cable. PC does detect iPhone when connected with same cable. Have tried different cables and all usb ports. Reinstalled iTunes per Apple protocol. Restarted Apple mobile support and confirmed on automatic. Device manager does not show Apple usb driver when ipad connected but does when iPhone connected. Able to charge with cable. After hour call with Apple tech, he said need to take into Apple store. No Apple store here in Chile and will not return to USA until.July. any suggestions? Thanks

2. Fid

Fid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You might try a different computer, a friend's? With it not hooked to a computer is the screen just black and acts like it won't start at all? My iPad 4 did that. I had to hold the power and home button with the iPad not hooked up to the computer for about thirty seconds to get it to boot again. I then used a different computer to update the iOS. I wish you luck and success with your iPad.

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  4. dscatdan1

dscatdan1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have tried 3 different computers and gone thru Apple support 1538 multiple times. I have spents hours on Google searching for solution!

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    #5 J. A., Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. dscatdan1

dscatdan1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    J.A. Thanks for welcome. Previously I have also followed Support 1808 procedure. Ipad stuck in recovery mode and cannot change to DFU. PC does not detect/recognize ipad so not sure it would make a difference. Seems to be missing mobile support usb driver. Any idea how to find and install necessary driver? Thanks

7. dscatdan1

dscatdan1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Need to install mobile support usb driver for ipad 2

As I stated in another thread, PC running Windows 7 does not detect ipad when connected via usb cable. Checking Device Manager for USB Controllers, there is no mobile support usb driver. (When I contact my iphone with same cable, mobile support usb driver is present.) Any idea how to find and install usb driver?

8. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi & welcome to the forum! :) Not sure why your iPhone connects but not the iPad - but you might want to take a look at this Apple Support Article on how to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows - might be your issue? Dave

9. dscatdan1

dscatdan1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for suggestion. I have already reviewed and implemented this Support Article without success. For whatever reason, AMDS driver does not install when iTunes is re installed--or at least it is not recognized by PC.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That can be found in the first link I posted. If you followed the instructions, it won't be new to you:

image-1383520903.jpg

Perhaps you should follow this procedure to remove iTunes completely and install it again, if you haven't already done so: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923
    If it doesn't work the first time, try it a second time as well.

Hope that helps.

#10 J. A., Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014