Order 3G from Apple by June 6th

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by wkramer, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mrnoshot

mrnoshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    "Ordered mine 6/5 will get it 6/24 well beyond the 6/7 cut-off. I hope I got in under the wire - that's why I pulled the trigger when I did."

You should be ok...I got mine today...3 days early - yay!
    And as noted above, everything is all good as far as the unlimited 3G service. I actually had 3 choices... 250MB, 2GB or Unlimited...signed up without any problems...all is good :)

2. denmiller60

denmiller60
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ANYONE THINK AT&T WILL CANCEL UNLIMITED OPTION SOONER RATHER THAN LATER FOR ALL OF US?
    I'm relieved to read that the unlimited option is readily available on iPad sign-up for those of us who bought before 6/7. However, I'm not sure I'll keep mine, coming 6/22 (tomorrow). I got one of the April 3rd wi-fi's, 64 mb, and love it. I figured I'd wait until the next gen to get the 3G but rushed buying one to qualify for the unlimited option. I even got a new iMac 21.5" 3.06 Ghz, 8 megs ram so I could sync the iPad (had a G5 iMac), and I LOVE the upgrade -- what a screen. I wish I didn't love technology so much I can be "pushed" into buying before I'd planned. I don't even know if I'll need 3G and it's slower speeds! Whoa is me ;-)

snug as a bug in a rug with 42" plasma at the foot of the living room daybed, widescreen HD iMac to my right on a stool, and my iPad at my fingertips to carry with me wherever I go ...
    This is the perfect retirement dream come true.

3. drmanny

drmanny
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ordered mine 3g 64 gb on June 4th, Received it today.
    There is no option for unlimited GB on signing up screen for At&T
    on hold with AT&T....does any one have a solution

4. JoAnne

JoAnne
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Same with me - no option on the iPad for the Unlimited plan. )ordered mine 6/4). I called AT&T tonight and got directed to a number. Unfortunately, I have to call the number back during normal office hrs. I hope that works. It would have been better if the option was still in the iPad. . . :(

5. Samurai

Samurai
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    AT&T looks like they are pulling a fast one. They need to publicize the alternative sign-up for unlimited if they have one.

My Ipad (getting it tomorrow) will go right back if there is no unlimited access - I'll get one at a later date in that case.

6. rickbear

rickbear
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I ordered my iPad before the cutoff and had a lot of trouble after my iPad arrived on 6/21. The iPad only showed the new 2 options. When I called AT&T they said that they only offered the new plan and asked me where I read about the grandfathering, in essence denying it existed. I finally went through iPad support, then connected to AT&T and have put "notes" on my cell phone account to allow a manager override from an AT&T store. Will do that today.

7. muleman

muleman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just opened mine today the 22nd, I ordered on the 5th,only 2 options. Called apple and they are basically tellin me, sorry we have no control of what are sales people told you and we have no control of at&t. Gee thanks apple.

8. Samurai

Samurai
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Apple posted the grandfathering information on their webstore. I have a screenshot. This is becoming a cluster you-know-what. Taking all the joy of out getting the package.:(

9. Samurai

Samurai
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    From my screenshot:
    I'm betting that Apple will make this happen.

10. mrnoshot

mrnoshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I read exactly what Samurai did on Apple's site before I got my IPad delivered. But now the Apple website says:
    What are the 3G data plan options from AT&T?
    "There are two monthly data plans: 250MB or 2GB. There’s no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your iPad. In addition, AT&T data plans include unlimited access to over 20,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at locations including Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and more."

Pitting customers between Apple and AT&T is horrible business.