What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optimum/Cable App restriciton

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the optimum app which i can watch the same cable subscrition I have on my Ipad. Problem is you can only watch it via your home wifi network. Just like their is a tweak for some apps to work via 3g making it think its using Wifi. Is there a tweak or app to make it think it is still using your home's wifi/network? I would like to watch cable on the go.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jail break - for sure. Have a look in our Jail Break section and see the discussion of the 3G tweak there.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3G Unrestrictor may work, however if the developers of the app have been very clever, 3GU will not be able to save you. For example, it won't get around the BBC iPlayer restriction to run on WiFi only. However it does work with many apps.

battech2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DISH Network has the DISH Remote Access app that provides a more enhanced service seamlessly to their customers, and it surpasses the optimum app because it works outside of the home network. I get to watch my live TV and entire DVR collection relayed from my Sling Adapter onto my iPad2 wherever there’s Wi-Fi or mobile 3G Network. I do work in DISH's tech support department so I have a thing for new technology, and having this outside of my home is what makes DISH’s offerings better without any extra hassle.

Most reactions

Latest posts