Cablevision Launches Optimum iPad App

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    [​IMG]

Cablevision has announced that it’s launched its own Optimum iPad app, which enables its cable TV customers to watch hundreds of channels and video on demand (VOD) on their iPad at home. As well as approximately 300 live channels and VOD access, the app also integrates enhanced guide information that enables the customer to find the content that they already receive as part of their cable television subscription. Programming is fully searchable, including by genre, and the application includes the ability to schedule DVR recordings and manage previously recorded content.

Boy Genius Report has published a hands-on review of the app, and concludes that it is “a better experience than FIOS’ and Time Warner Cable’s offerings.â€

If you’re an Optimum cable customer, click here to download the free app: Optimum for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Cablevision, Optimum iPad app hands-on! | BGR
  2. Fenriq007

Fenriq007 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have this and can't get it to work. It keeps telling me i have to be on my home network which I am. Help please.
  3. Connan

Connan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a lot like how DISH Networks app works but their are a few disadvantages that I would like to point out about the app. This first one is obvious you cannot take the device out side of your home (well that’s not winning!) second this only works with Wi-Fi and you don’t need internet connection which is good but you can only chose one Wi-Fi connection so don’t thank later on down the line you will be able to switch this if you cannot connect with your original Wi-Fi connection. Last but not least this only works on the iPad. I work for DISH Network and I can tell you DISH Network TV everywhere app works on Tablets, Smartphone’s, and Laptops. Check this out.