1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Open in apps window

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by onwuzuam, Jan 25, 2013.

1. onwuzuam

onwuzuam iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the avoidance of doubt,my challenge is not getting increased numbers of Apps.Rather,I would like to see more appropriate and connectable Apps in the window
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    From what I've read, uninstall and reinstall anything that you want on the list that has been bumped from it. I don't know what the number is, but there is a limit to how many apps can occupy the Open In list. As new ones are added, older ones get bumped.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663 / 0
    I believe that with iOS 6 - your list of apps to use with the "Open In..." function has been increased dramatically. It used to be you could only see 10 apps (and you had to do the delete/reinstall trick to show some, as Kevin mentioned).

However, with iOS 6, I've had up to 18 apps show in the "Open In..." window. You even get a paging function if there are more apps than fit in the window.

So, if you are seeing an app, make sure that it is capable of running the file you are trying to open. If it can't work the file, it won't show in the window.

Or, sometimes developers don't put the "Open In..." capability in their apps. If you know that certain app will run a certain file, but it doesn't show in "Open In..." - my best recommendation is to get back with the developer.

Marilyn
    • Like Like x 1