What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open in apps window

onwuzuam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt,my challenge is not getting increased numbers of Apps.Rather,I would like to see more appropriate and connectable Apps in the window

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read, uninstall and reinstall anything that you want on the list that has been bumped from it. I don't know what the number is, but there is a limit to how many apps can occupy the Open In list. As new ones are added, older ones get bumped.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that with iOS 6 - your list of apps to use with the "Open In..." function has been increased dramatically. It used to be you could only see 10 apps (and you had to do the delete/reinstall trick to show some, as Kevin mentioned).

However, with iOS 6, I've had up to 18 apps show in the "Open In..." window. You even get a paging function if there are more apps than fit in the window.

So, if you are seeing an app, make sure that it is capable of running the file you are trying to open. If it can't work the file, it won't show in the window.

Or, sometimes developers don't put the "Open In..." capability in their apps. If you know that certain app will run a certain file, but it doesn't show in "Open In..." - my best recommendation is to get back with the developer.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts