Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by f4780y, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eKindom

eKindom
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  2. EmilRonnow

EmilRonnow
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can I use my saved SHSH 5.0.1 to anything? Can I downgrade my Ipad to it, if i upgrade it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    At this point with iOS 5 you can not downgrade to a previous version of iOS 5 so if you are on 5.0.1 you cannot downgrade to 5.0 even if you have the shsh blobs. It has been mentioned that it is still a good habit to save the shsh blobs anyways just in case there is a breakthrough in the future and you are able to use them. This is the one fear with a jailbreak on 5.0.1, if you have any sort of glitch with your jailbroken device and have to restore for whatever reason and 5.0.1 in not the present firmware, you will lose your jailbreak and there is nothing that can be done about it unless the Dev's have released a jailbreak for the current firmware. So be careful with your device :)

4. jonathanjon

jonathanjon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a few questions I need help on. I have never jailbroken my ipad and the only reason I want to is so I can tether my ipad 3G to my laptop. (If there's any other way of doing so without jailbreaking, let me know)

1) I am assuming that the jailbreaks only work with certain IOS versions as I read in the first post. I have 5.01 now. I guess for it to work, we also ahve to make sure that the OS isn't upgraded? How is that done?

2) If I backup everything, and one day something happens with the jailbreak, can I just restore everything to what it was before? Or if it's jailbroken once, it can't be undone? Would I ever lose my paid applications?

5. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Currently the iPad 2 can only be jailbroken on either 4.3.3 using jailbreakme.com or 5.0.1 using Absinthe
    Your on 5.0.1 so the only way for you to jailbreak is with Absinthe.
    In order to stay jailbroken you can't upgrade to any new software versions apple release in future unless the devs release a jailbreak for it.

Very easy to restore iPad once jailbroken, if something does go wrong just plug in iTunes and restore as normal
    Paid apps won't be lost and you can backup your iPad even as its jailbroken

Now it's time to set your iPad free and check this out while your at it:

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

#415 iRager, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  6. Wolfseye

Wolfseye
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    What happens and I attach the iPad2 (jailbreaked 5.01) to my iTunes on the PC after the Jailbreak. I installed things like WhatsPad and also Whatsapp. I read on other sites that some people have problems now with the syncing on iTunes (PC) after the Jailbreak. So i haven't done it since the Jailbreak.

Any infos on that ?
    Thanks in advance. ;)

WOlfseye

7. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I've been syncing my 4S and iPad 2 fine since jailbreaking but I'm using my Mac

8. IPADfreak90

IPADfreak90
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    yup!!!! itunes SIMPLY DOES NOT ACCEPT WHATSAPP ON DA IPAD! every time i sync, it kicks da app OUT! i have installed it twice now!!

i hope their is a solution to it !

9. addiosamigo

addiosamigo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    #419 addiosamigo, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. IPADfreak90

IPADfreak90
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    NOPE u got tht wrong!!

whatspad ALLOWS YOU TO RUN WHATSAPP on ipad, which means ur whatsapp will function normally when their is WHATSPAD, BUT itunes will not sync your device, as a message will pop up stating tht u have to remove whatsapp TO SYNC UR DEVICE!

I HATE ITUNES!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.