What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello one and all.. My first post, even tho been a member for a little while. I like many of you am waiting for the long awaited jailbreak. I come in here every day and read through this thread along with some others, to see what the update is. From what I'm reading I think some guys need to take some chill pills. So what if the question gets asked a million times, if it bugs you so much then don't read them. Some of you may have little to do and spend your whole life reading every word on this forum, that this may affect you. But other may not have the time, or do not wish to sit and read through 5o or so pages. This is a forum, and some people just want a quick straight answer. I thought places like this were here to help and not condemn. It bugs me more seeing the *****ing, more than anything else... Ok rant over. :). To the main guys on here you do a great job.. Great forum..

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunky said:
Hello one and all.. My first post, even tho been a member for a little while. I like many of you am waiting for the long awaited jailbreak. I come in here every day and read through this thread along with some others, to see what the update is. From what I'm reading I think some guys need to take some chill pills. So what if the question gets asked a million times, if it bugs you so much then don't read them. Some of you may have little to do and spend your whole life reading every word on this forum, that this may affect you. But other may not have the time, or do not wish to sit and read through 5o or so pages. This is a forum, and some people just want a quick straight answer. I thought places like this were here to help and not condemn. It bugs me more seeing the *****ing, more than anything else... Ok rant over. :). To the main guys on here you do a great job.. Great forum..

I agree with you !

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

For the most part I agree with you but some folks are simply not even bothering to read 2-3 pages back because if they did their question would be answered so that simply comes off as laziness. When you view this thread a few times a day to see if there is any new info you have no choice but to read them, I think that's what is annoying people the most.

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then the JB is out, how is the way to jailbreak it? With a program, or jailbreakme.com?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We won't know the process for jail breaking until the the jail break is released by the developers. With it will come directions on how/what to do to jail break.

Have patience, Grasshopper. All will be revealed...!

Marilyn

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
We won't know the process for jail breaking until the the jail break is released by the developers. With it will come directions on how/what to do to jail break.

Have patience, Grasshopper. All will be revealed...!

Marilyn

Ok græshop.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rickrvo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question other than when is jb comming out..

For those who have 5.0.1 from factory, if we update to 5.1(if it comes out before JB) and want to downgrade to 5.0.1, we just need to reset the ipad2 from itunes right?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, whatever you do, do not upgrade to 5.1 if you want to be jailbroken. The jailbrake will only be for 5.0.1 and you won't be able to down grade to earlier 5.x.x versions. So when you connect your ipad to your computer ignore the updates.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
For the most part I agree with you but some folks are simply not even bothering to read 2-3 pages back because if they did their question would be answered so that simply comes off as laziness. When you view this thread a few times a day to see if there is any new info you have no choice but to read them, I think that's what is annoying people the most.

I can't blame them, I am lazy too. :p
You know there are many more sources where you can read news? (pod2g's iOS blog, twitter)
Or simple only read the lastest posts; when there is news these will probably contain it.

fredycruger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so new jailbreak for OS 5.0.1 will not be free ??
i heard its 29.99 and only available in north america is this true?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, the jailbreaks are free. Do not pay for one, they are simply scamming you out of money. Also, it shouldn't matter what country you are in.

Last edited:

SethtimusPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. The jailbreak is free from the moment it is available. If someone is trying to sell you a jailbreak for 5.0.1 on the Ipad 2 right now, they are scamming you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts