What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
For the avoidance of doubt for all you n00bs there should be no bugs on a properly jailbroken iPad. None. Nada. Zip. You don't "put up" with wifi issues as a price for being jailbroken. If there are bugs in the 4.3 version leak it is because it was not finished yet.

There are bugs on EVERY jailbreak.. That's the pitfalls of tweaking proprietary systems, you deal with some things, others are deal breakers.

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

I think you mean there are bugs with jailbreak apps. the jailbreak aka root access plus installation of cydia is usually bug-free on release. which is exactly why we wait months for it.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quaddamage said:
I happened to take my ipad1, and newly jailbroken ipad2 to a family members house and confirmed the wifi password issue on the ipad2 after jailbreak. Works fine from my house, and on new unprotected wifi, but gives incorrect password on new protected wifi network.

Pretty crappy bug. Didn't make my wife happy. :)

Now this I can't confirm nor deny.. I'm in Orlando for the weekend, and I've been tethering from my jailbroken iPhone 4 all weekend, but it's a remembered password.. I went to St. Pete Beach yesterday, but didn't bother jumping on to any of the local networks.. Maybe I should try it today to test it out..

Will report back with my findings later..

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brrip said:
I think you mean there are bugs with jailbreak apps. the jailbreak aka root access plus installation of cydia is usually bug-free on release. which is exactly why we wait months for it.

Okay, let's go with that.. 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Silent Assassin said:
There are bugs on EVERY jailbreak.. That's the pitfalls of tweaking proprietary systems, you deal with some things, others are deal breakers.

List bugs in the current public jailbreaks for me then. I've been doing this for quite a number of years and am somewhat knowledgeable on the subject. Explain to me how my 4.3.3. iPad 1 is buggy. There are zero which I am aware of.

Last edited:

Quaddamage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Test it out Silent. I was surprised to find some else with the wifi password issue (on new networks) this morning but glad to find a second confirmation of my issue.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
List bugs in the current public jailbreaks for then. I've been doing this for quite a number of years and am somewhat knowledgeable on the subject. Explain to me how my 4.3.3. iPad 1 is buggy. There are zero which I am aware of.

I didn't have an iPad 1, so I can't..

I have, however, had iPhones since the very 1st, and there have been 'bugs' everywhere.. Maybe I misspoke and it's more on the side of the jailbreak apps, more so than the jailbreak itself..

Parson the misspeak.. But, for my money (which was none), this one has been good so far.. I'm not running Linux or anything to delve that deeply into the SSH aspect, but for what I've done in 24 hours, it's been flawless, save Airplane Mode, which I will try to remedy with your advice..

I also want to get out and check into the Wifi issue some have reported..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Silent Assassin said:
Maybe I misspoke and it's more on the side of the jailbreak apps, more so than the jailbreak itself..

OK. Cydia, as you know, contains apps and tweak for all devices and all versions of iOS. Many of these are not compatible with the iPad (or other devices depending on what you are doing). The do cause problems, but a little research ususally allows you to overcome this. E.g. The airplane mode toggle, or simply checking the apps date, history, comments etc. And that's one of the reasons the forums are so powerful.

I hope you understand we work very hard in this section to present accurate and factual information for our members. I get pretty upset with sweeping statements like "jailbreaks are always buggy", or whatever, because people will quote that as a reason not to try it out, and that is a shame because, whilst JB is not for everyone, there is a great deal of value in it for many.

I have 30+ JB apps and tweaks currently installed and they all enhance my device. One of them (Action Menu) has a known bug which the developer is working on (no different to any other app out there). Everything else works perfectly and only make my iPad better without having to make any big sacrifices. Same story with my iPhone4 and iPhone3G.

Maybe that explains my frustration a little ;)

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am jail broken iPad 2 3.0 wifi only and I don't have a wifi problem. We went out and I jumped on a few networks yesterday password and non password with no problems.

And as far as bugs and jailbreaks go please explain to me why so many lime rain and black rain versions hotz made till people stopes complaining about the little bugs they encountered. This might be why people aren't trying anymore cause all the un grateful people out there that want want want and are never happy with what they have now.

I don't need root so I will not be able to tell you there is a problem but ifunbox works fine so it bypass that little bug for me.

For those not able to jailbreak, instead of complaining why not be happy for those that can. When I got my pad2 not once did I ever say " well iPad 1 is jail broken mine should be to " I just enjoyed the toy I have. Sorry for the rant but I have been reading since the first thread had been closed then merged and the back and forth bickering has gotten to me :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New "saffron" links were upload to jailbreak zone.com/files/jbme3

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

And they still don't work :) I've read two different reasons as of to why. 1) the pdf links to other files on another server which Comex has removed the needed files. 2) Saurik is blocking Cydia from loading. Either way, no one is able to get it and won't until comex officailly releases the jailbreak. I missed the window and was a little bummed but at the same time I'm not really a fan of betas so I'm not too bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts