What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I look forward to the official release but only because I have to. While the bugs are annoying, it's a price to pay for customization. Nobody's taking any credit away from comex. The leak is unfair to him because he has to rush now, and he didn't get his theatrical release.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt for all you n00bs there should be no bugs on a properly jailbroken iPad. None. Nada. Zip. You don't "put up" with wifi issues as a price for being jailbroken. If there are bugs in the 4.3 version leak it is because it was not finished yet.

Kleriker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt for all you n00bs there should be no bugs on a properly jailbroken iPad. None. Nada. Zip. You don't "put up" with wifi issues as a price for being jailbroken. If there are bugs in the 4.3 version leak it is because it was not finished yet.

Exactly - i can´t understand how people can say, it is bugfree ...

rabidtoad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Nice :)

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing is that it is not a major bug..u can just turn off wifi manually...and the other thing is that when the official jb comes out we can use that too...it's not like we are bound to use this beta jb only...rest everything is fine :p

Sent from my iPad using iPF

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score

cool beans cant wait to slide to jb

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
I don't know why there are some people here saying this 4.3 is unstable,buggy etc...I have been using it now for more than 12 hrs and touchwood it's as stable as my stock 4.3! I guess these are the people who are consoling themselves by saying such things whereas all those who have the jb are having fun :p

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I think that's exactly what it is.. Some of us have it, some of us don't.. Those who don't are making themselves whole by saying "so what, I didn't want that 'unstable version' anyhow".. Yes, you did, and you'd have it IF you could have it... lol

Even if it IS beta, it works.. I've been running it for 24 hours now and the ONLY issue I've had was Airplane Mode not working.. For awhile I couldn't get SBSettings because Activator wouldn't load, but once I got over that hurdle, it's been pretty smooth on this end.

Will I be happy to see a version that works for 4.3.3, yes! Then I can update my iOS, but if one doesn't come, I will just sit still with what I have.. A jailbroken iOS 4.3..

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The airplane mode built into sbsettings has not worked for a long time. You need to download the separate airplane mode toggle from Cydia. It's nothing to do with the jailbreak you have installed.

Quaddamage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I happened to take my ipad1, and newly jailbroken ipad2 to a family members house and confirmed the wifi password issue on the ipad2 after jailbreak. Works fine from my house, and on new unprotected wifi, but gives incorrect password on new protected wifi network.

Pretty crappy bug. Didn't make my wife happy. :)

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

There are bugs on EVERY jailbreak.. That's the pitfalls of tweaking proprietary systems, you deal with some things, others are deal breakers.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

There are bugs on EVERY jailbreak..

I never had any bugs on mine.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The airplane mode built into sbsettings has not worked for a long time. You need to download the separate airplane mode toggle from Cydia. It's nothing to do with the jailbreak you have installed.

That has been the only real issue I have seen thus far.. I'm sure more will likely pop up, but hopefully a better jailbreak will show up for 4.3.3, at which time I'll update my iOS and grab that..

I'm going to try what you suggested and report back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts