What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numeric input like dates with a wheel?

hzd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got this iPad3. Nice device.

However... When inputting dates and time, is it really necessary to use a wheel to dial in the numbers?
I would prefer a normal numpad. I've tried searching on the net and here, but seems like I'm the only one that doesn't like this feature or I'm the only one, that can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Any thoughts?

Thx

davex44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe what you're running into is that the iPad from the ground-up was intended to be touch-screen driven rather than keyboard driven.

OP
H

hzd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi davex44

Yeah probably, but wouldn't it be possible, to have a numpad layout on the touchscreen, just like the qwerty keyb layout?
That is what I would like.

Barnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the "wheel to dial" input. Just saw on Android 4 that they are also using dials now, before that it was + and - on top and bottom to change numbers of date and time.

Most reactions

Latest posts