What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but can anyone tell me how to add a column of numbers in the Numbers spreadsheet?

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enter the "sum" sign (looks like the Greek letter sigma) in the first blank cell under the column.

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps empire:
I'm afraid I wasn't very clear. If in Numbers on the iPad, tap the cell below the column. Hit the equal sign and the tap "function". You'll see the "sum" function.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hberninger said:
Apps empire:
I'm afraid I wasn't very clear. If in Numbers on the iPad, tap the cell below the column. Hit the equal sign and the tap "function". You'll see the "sum" function.

Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For summing columns ( and only colums ) you can use the SUM key on the keypad ( in formula entry mode ). I suppose Apple offered this shortcut because adding a column of numbers is such a common feature of spreadsheets.

Most reactions

Latest posts