What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers & Dropbox

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Numbers on my iPad 3. There is an Excel (.xls) spreadsheet in my Dropbox. How do I get Numbers to recognize it so I can open the file?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By using "open in" feature

image-3327885382.jpg

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bosvaark - thanks much. I thought I'd looked everywhere, but I feel stupid that I overlooked something so obvious. Once again, thanks.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hberninger said:
Bosvaark - thanks much. I thought I'd looked everywhere, but I feel stupid that I overlooked something so obvious. Once again, thanks.

No worries we all often miss things, now if only Apple would have a similar "open in" for drop box within pages or numbers, unless the new numbers update has it?

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox can "open with" the spreadsheet in Numbers. Once I make a change, it doesn't seem like Numbers can get the changed file back into Dropbox.

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I e-mailed the updated spreadsheet to myself and the from Mail I could save it to Dropbox. It seems that Numbers doesn't play directly with Dropbox.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hberninger said:
Dropbox can "open with" the spreadsheet in Numbers. Once I make a change, it doesn't seem like Numbers can get the changed file back into Dropbox.

Hmm , see my previous post, the way I do it is email it myself , then open the mail and do the open in again back to Dropbox, there might be other ways but I seldom require sending back to Dropbox.

Most reactions

Latest posts