What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not thrilled with the ipad2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all l am not able to download a book without costing $15 plus not to mention l can,t watch Fox Broadcasting because my iPad doesn't have the right Adobe app.

Also downloading movies is not worth the effort nor the cost. I only watch a movie once so buying it doesn't make sense.

I will give this iPad to my nephew when l find another tablet that does it all.

The Verizon ipad would have been the better choice but it's $$

Alan

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you mean Flash, then yes the iPad will never run Flash so you bought the wrong tablet.

Books can be downloaded from every online book source available - there are readers for every possible format - so I'm not sure what your complaint there is. You need to download other free book readers as iBooks only reads ePub format, but there are not book formats available you cannot read in other free readers.

You can rent movies from both the App store and Netflix as well as others, so I'm not sure what your issue is there either.

I would recommend you give your nephew the iPad and switch to something else though.

Do some research first and make sure the new tablet will thrill you first though. I'm sure that the rest of us have all been bamboozled into loving our iPads by some trickery at Apple....

-t

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bamboozled, me? I prefer to think of myself as seduced then trapped in a cybernetic nirvana. :)
That's quite true....hmmmm...now where's the "like" button in the IPF app?
To OP:
Not sure what show you want to watch on fox....but perhaps if searching for
Fox mobile entertainment or Fox broadcasting...in the app store will yield the results you are looking for....
After all you have
NBC app
Abc app
TNT app
Hbo go
Crackle
Netflix
Etc..etc...etc..to find free movies and popular tv shows....

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Why did the OP think the Verizon iPad would have been a better choice?

Tim

Now that's a good question....

-t

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's quite true....hmmmm...now where's the "like" button in the IPF app?
To OP:
Not sure what show you want to watch on fox....but perhaps if searching for
Fox mobile entertainment or Fox broadcasting...in the app store will yield the results you are looking for....
After all you have
NBC app
Abc app
TNT app
Hbo go
Crackle
Netflix
Etc..etc...etc..to find free movies and popular tv shows....
]

Sorry about the newbie questions:

But how can you watch tv shows from Fox, NBC, and local channles for free or I have to buy the app and the Tv shows?
Does the iPad have to be jailbroken ?
What apps should I download from iTunes or Cydia ?

Android16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all l am not able to download a book without costing $15 plus not to mention l can,t watch Fox Broadcasting because my iPad doesn't have the right Adobe app.

Also downloading movies is not worth the effort nor the cost. I only watch a movie once so buying it doesn't make sense.

I will give this iPad to my nephew when l find another tablet that does it all.

The Verizon ipad would have been the better choice but it's $$

Alan

Hey, go to best buy and pick up a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, it answers all of your issues.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Freshman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys and moderators (may be the same :),
I have to agree with the mods that it's always a good thing to check if a certain device is capable of doing what you expect BEFORE buying it.
On the other hand I completely comply with the headline of this thread, albeit for very different reasons. I don't want to go into the usual nitty gritty *****ing about Apple etc., instead I want to mention one observation I made which strikes me as bizarre:
While on Android you're having a hard time to decide which of a dozen of different keyboards (apps) with various layouts, languages and skins, people on the ipadforum are getting really really excited exchanging tipps and tricks about how to e.g. type an umlaut (öüä) with shortcut swipe. And this is not even the point: I honestly think they are happy searching for "hidden" functions and worship the Apple God for such a sophisticated keyboard.
I DO regret that the Galaxy tap is not available in Germany right now as I am fairly sure it offers the better value (leave aside the really pretty icons and smooth transitions the Apple features :-D).
Cheers, Freshman

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Samsung would be selling a device in Germany if they were not in violations of 13 separate Apple patents... Oops.

I use the iPad because it does everything I need and then some. Since they are still selling at a rate of 200,000 units each and every day, there are apparently plenty of people who agree with me.

If you need an international keyboard there are plenty available without having to learn any special secret keystrokes or fanboy handshakes.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Samsung would be selling a device in Germany if they were not in violations of 13 separate Apple patents... Oops.

I use the iPad because it does everything I need and then some. Since they are still selling at a rate of 200,000 units each and every day, there are apparently plenty of people who agree with me.

If you need an international keyboard there are plenty available without having to learn any special secret keystrokes or fanboy handshakes.

-t

'fanboy' handshakes! I love it! Nearly choked laughing on my skinny venti cappuccino.....

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
]

Sorry about the newbie questions:

But how can you watch tv shows from Fox, NBC, and local channles for free or I have to buy the app and the Tv shows?
Does the iPad have to be jailbroken ?*
What apps should I download from iTunes or Cydia ?

With either of the fox apps...looks as if you'll have to buy your favorite shows....
With the TNT app watch you fav tnt shows but depends on your service provider. ~ free
With the NBC app has your popular shows ~ free
With the ABC app watch your Fav episodes ~free
With xfinity app watch all your movies & shows/channel lineup as if you were at home ~ free with subscription to comcast cable.
With crackle, watch many free tv shows and movies. ~ free
With hbo go, watch all your fav hbo programs~ free with hbo subscription

All the above can be found in the app store....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts