What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not thrilled with the ipad2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
woohoo,what a great thread,iv never clicked on "like" as much as i have this thread,its all been said and i guess i too......what was it? "worship the apple god"completely the wrong thing to do,coming on an apple forum to slag off our beloved iPad LOL LOL

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
With either of the fox apps...looks as if you'll have to buy your favorite shows....
With the TNT app watch you fav tnt shows but depends on your service provider. ~ free
With the NBC app has your popular shows ~ free
With the ABC app watch your Fav episodes ~free
With xfinity app watch all your movies & shows/channel lineup as if you were at home ~ free with subscription to comcast cable.
With crackle, watch many free tv shows and movies. ~ free
With hbo go, watch all your fav hbo programs~ free with hbo subscription

All the above can be found in the app store....

BBC iplayer is great, all free to watch, if your outside the uk like me then you need to set up a VPN after that a uk iTunes account to be able to download the app, you can then also download itv player and channel 4 on demand. All is free to watch and great quality.

Freshman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see what you mean. But one really has to blind or ignorant not see that the product is overpriced, overrated and by far inferior to other products. The fact that Apple is still selling them in those quantities is more related to the best long term marketing strategy and to the really good design.
Concerning the law suits - well, I don't know too much about the details (probably as much as anyone), but here in Germany the reason the Galaxy Tab can't be sold is that it apparently looks too much like an iPad. That makes me wonder why only Samsung is being sued on that reason and none of the other tablet manufacturers who dared to produce a rectangular, flat tablet....

But again, you're right - completely the wrong forum :-D I just hope that either with iOS 5 or with any upcoming JB matters will get better. Cheers from Berlin, Freshman

Last edited:

Freshman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BBC iplayer is great, all free to watch, if your outside the uk like me then you need to set up a VPN after that a uk iTunes account to be able to download the app, you can then also download itv player and channel 4 on demand. All is free to watch and great quality.
Eh, I have to object here: I also have the BBC Player installed and it requires a monthly subscription of 6,99 € which you can cancel anytime. There are some free shows, but they're very limited.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see what you mean. But one really has to blind or ignorant not see that the product is overpriced, overrated and by far inferior to other products. The fact that Apple is still selling them in those quantities is more related to the best long term marketing strategy and to the really good design.
Concerning the law suits - well, I don't know too much about the details (probably as much as anyone), but here in Germany the reason the iPad can't be sold is that it apparently looks too much like an iPad. That makes me wonder why only Samsung is being sued on that reason and none of the other tablet manufacturers who dared to produce a rectangular, flat tablet....

But again, you're right - completely the wrong forum :-D I just hope that either with iOS 5 or with any upcoming JB matters will get better. Cheers from Berlin, Freshman
dont know if its just me but i really didn't understand your post,i read it three times and i still don't get it.(except the bit about it being the wrong forum)

Last edited:

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freshman said:
Eh, I have to object here: I also have the BBC Player installed and it requires a monthly subscription of 6,99 € which you can cancel anytime. There are some free shows, but they're very limited.

Of course if you use the open for Europe BBC iplayer app it costs you each month. Also the programs are limited, due to legal reasons.
I use the BBC iplayer that is just for British citizens only available on the uk app store. all programs are free to watch and there are hundreds, you can also watch live BBC. You must though of course use a VPN so that the iplayer thinks that your in Britain. it is just the same with itv player and channel 4, are also "just" for Brits, but with a VPN you have live British tv.

jefflz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music file Tranfer
One of the main reasons I bought then ipad2 is because it is ismall enough for easy travel. I now wish to transfer a music file I own ie, not iTunes purchased, and find that without another computer- which I do not have access to- it is impossible to transfer mp3 files with Dropbox or anything else that works on a real laptop. Bummer-- typical of Apple super uptight control of its clients. Kind of similar to their anti-Flash obsession.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freshman said:

It is free if you are in the UK (BBC = BRITISH Broadcasting Company) or as the member you quoted states, you use a VPN.

Freshman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont know if its just me but i really didn't understand your post,i read it three times and i still don't get it.(except the bit about it being the wrong forum)
Oops, also I once wrote "iPad" instead of "Galaxy Tab" ... sorry.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:

this is the source of your confusion :) they can't both be iPads...

"here in Germany the reason the iPad can't be sold is that it apparently looks too much like an iPad."

edit: you got it :D

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Concerning the law suits - well, I don't know too much about the details (probably as much as anyone), but here in Germany the reason the iPad can't be sold is that it apparently looks too much like an iPad. That makes me wonder why only Samsung is being sued on that reason and none of the other tablet manufacturers who dared to produce a rectangular, flat tablet....

just so I'm clear were you saying that overpriced,overrated and inferior product is iPad or the samsung tablet? if its the former then i have to strongly disagree,if its the galaxy then i can't comment not having seen one.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
jefflz said:
Music file Tranfer
One of the main reasons I bought then ipad2 is because it is ismall enough for easy travel. I now wish to transfer a music file I own ie, not iTunes purchased, and find that without another computer- which I do not have access to- it is impossible to transfer mp3 files with Dropbox or anything else that works on a real laptop. Bummer-- typical of Apple super uptight control of its clients. Kind of similar to their anti-Flash obsession.

There are several third party players that will let you transfer music from Dropbox, or even download directly from the web. OPlayer is one. Searching the forum, or app store, will revael many others.

jefflz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several third party players that will let you transfer music from Dropbox, or even download directly from the web. OPlayer is one. Searching the forum, or app store, will revael many others.

I wanted to send music that is on my ipad to a friend who enjoyed. The files are not accesible. This is not really acceptable and represents a major defect in ipad utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts