What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not recognizing IPSW after restore

Reaction score
I have my ipad upgraded to 4.3.3 and everytime I try to upload it into redsnow it says it doesnt recognize IPSW, HELP PLEASE!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bottom line is if it does not recognise it then the firmware file is wrong. Plain and simple. Several things could have gone wrong...

First, make absolutely certain that you have downloaded the right file. Did you get it from our downloads sticky? That is the best place as this links to the official Apple firmwares. Link here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Filename should be iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.ipsw

Second, did it cut off before the end? This happens often it seems, so you end up with a partial firmware file. It should be 607,470K in size.

Double check these. Honestly, I know it's frustrating, but this error only happens when the firmware file is either the wrong one or is corrupt.

Most reactions

Latest posts