What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With Custom IPSW (iPod)

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys i am trying to upgrade my ipod touch from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 using custom ipsw, and i get the error 1604.
i have used ifaith to make custom ipsw and i was in Pwned dfu mode while carrying out this process.

any help???

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have moved your post to it's own thread - mainly because it's bad forum etiquette to just jump into another conversation and hijack the thread conversation (not to mention it's against our rules). Please, if you have a question, start another topic ... don't interject into another's thread.

So, now your question is in the Hacking section to see if others can help you with your iPod. I don't know the answer - but maybe someone will be along...

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
IPADfreak90

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have moved your post to it's own thread - mainly because it's bad forum etiquette to just jump into another conversation and hijack the thread conversation (not to mention it's against our rules). Please, if you have a question, start another topic ... don't interject into another's thread.

So, now your question is in the Hacking section to see if others can help you with your iPod. I don't know the answer - but maybe someone will be along...

Good luck.

Marilyn

oo ok , i thought making an xtra thread abt dis will be useless, oh well.

OP
IPADfreak90

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am looking forward to tht wolfie :D

btw. can custom IPSW BE USE TO UPGRADE 2 A particular FW as well?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i am looking forward to tht wolfie :D

btw. can custom IPSW BE USE TO UPGRADE 2 A particular FW as well?

Yes. You can install any custom firmware you create whether it upgrades, downgrades, or stays on the same version! If you can build it, you can install it.

OP
IPADfreak90

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. You can install any custom firmware you create whether it upgrades, downgrades, or stays on the same version! If you can build it, you can install it.

well in tht case, i tried to install CFW 5.0.1 on my ipodtouch4 v4.3.3 and it did not work.

i got error 1604 while da status of itunes was ''preparing ipod to restore''.

i made a custom ipsw using ifaith. any comments/suggestions?

thanx

Most reactions

Latest posts