What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not impressed with apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonskyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the new iPad and have to say the hardware is really amazing, but that is it. After sitting with it I found out that I can forget getting games and the great apps from my local app store. Search around just to find out that south Africa doesn't really have anything. Then there is this stupid setting about the wi-fi hotspot not supported. My HTC has more features than this iPad. no need to get a vendor that can enable my wifi hotspot. No need to struggle to get apps. Now Im just wondering should I rather jailbreak this thing to get more out of it? 500 dollars down the drain for what. At least they could have said on the website what countries are extremely limited in the I store.

Wish I went the android route. Rather get galaxy or the amazing asus transformer prime.

Best of all, if I post this message with apple they just ignore and delete completely.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how the iPad is supported in other countries but in the uk it's fine. Take it back mate.

Sent from my iPad 3

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can get a US AppleID and use the US store (or any other ID, UK or whatever) to download games and other apps. Search around, it has been mentioned a few times on the forum.

Waterbeds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an ipad 2 and the new ipad did not impress me much either....however with that being said i really dont think i would take an android tab over it or the new ipad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Best of all, if I post this message with apple they just ignore and delete completely.

Reread your post. If you want a response it is usually best to ask a question. Besides the rhetorical jailbreak question, all you did was complain, and plug HTC and Android.

So, do you really wonder why Apple ignored and deleted your post?

When you want help, ask for it. Leave the complaints out. As a long time support tech I learned to deal with people who phrased every request as a litany of complaints; but it was always hard to give them more than the bare minimum of an answer.

You can always complain later, after you are certain you don't need or want anything from the people who might be able to help.

It has already been pointed out that you can get an account in any country that takes your fancy. The U.S. or U.K. are probably the best choices.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

You'll need a email that looks like it could be from the U.S. (or country of choice). A Google account works well. Also an address in the U.S. (or country of choice). Many just use an Apple Store address. You can fuel the account with iTunes gift cards, which can be purchased from several online sources.

I'm taking this off the top of my head, so there may be a few other steps or tricks to make it work. A search here or in Google will likely turn up a more complete procedure.

As for hotspots, that is an issue with your local provider, not Apple. According to you you've got hotspot capability on your HTC. In that case you should be able to use your iPad with the HTC (or other smart phone) for remote access. This is a popular choice for many iPad users, since it eliminates the need for two data plans.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hivoltage said:

Agree. This is another one of those fly by fireballs. But it is kind of interesting to see the creativity that these people come up with to differentiate one from another flame attack.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an Apple addict but I admit when I first got the new iPad I couldn't tell much difference from my iPad 2. However, if I look at an iPad 2 now, I surely can see the difference in the display. I have friends who have Android tablets and they love them, but for the money you spend ( almost the same), you get a much better product with the iPad. I feel it's faster, much more user friendly, thinner, has such a better display (retina) and syncs with my phone which is amazing. All I need now is an Apple car and my life will be complete ( I have an apple sticker on my white car so I can pretend until the day comes )

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are unhappy with your device return it to Apple. Airing your concerns to a site that has no means of rectifying your concerns adds no value to this forum. Therefore, this thread is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts