What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound from ipad 2

tthelen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only sound I get out this thing, is if I go to Settings, and move the sound volume slide bar. Sound is not locked. It can be changed with the rocker switch. I'm sorry if this has been done earlier. I tried searching for info but got none. Please help!

L

Lunar

The symtoms you discribe do indeed sound like the mute slider switch, or its muted, as that's exactly the effect you get. some operation sounds work but not the main sound, but you say you have checked this.

As you can hear some sounds this rules out there being a problem with the earphone jack. It certainly sounds like you have a setting somewhere muting it.
Make sure bluetooth too is disabled in case somethings got screwed up there.
I doubt it will make much difference in this instance, but when desperate, if your've not already done it. Always worth doing a none destrucive reboot, by hold down the Home and on/off buttons at the same time... you never know.. Hope you sort it out... let us know what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or the mute is selected in the quick launch bar.Double press home,scroll to the left and check if it is not muted

L

Lunar

Or the mute is selected in the quick launch bar.Double press home,scroll to the left and check if it is not muted

I forgot that one..lol and you managed it, in one line too..lmao... I do hope it does turn out to be something silly. :) which is likely, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

tthelen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You both. You gave me the solution. I do get sound from the headphones. However, no sound without. The problem I believe was from using that stupid stylus my daughter got me, that has a plastic pin that you put in the headphone jack. So, anyone have an idea of what I can do? Do I need to take it down and have a new jack installed?

Thanks again

OP
T

tthelen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I tried the reboot, but held it in too long. My daughter came over and properly rebooted it, and Bazinga! I now have sound back. Thanks guys for the cure for the problem. If only I wasn't so stupid I'd have had it taken care of earlier.

OP
T

tthelen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I have sound when playing music, or the radio app. But from none of the other apps such as games. I checked the settings in the games and they are all set with volume in the middle. WTF?

DOUBLE UPDATE!

I got it fixed. I finally found the multi-tasking bar, and I also turned off everything to the cloud, as I don't use it.

A Big Thanks to all who helped. I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tthelen said:
UPDATE!

I have sound when playing music, or the radio app. But from none of the other apps such as games. I checked the settings in the games and they are all set with volume in the middle. WTF?

Change the switch setting from rotation lock to mute in general settings

Then toggle mute on and off from the physical switch.

Then test again.

Works on select sound problems resulting from upgrade to ios5.

Good luck

OP
T

tthelen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tthelen said:
UPDATE!

DOUBLE UPDATE

Thanks to all,
I got it fixed. I believe the problem was in the Muti-task bar. I finally found that, and also, I shut off all the stuff dealing with the cloud, as I don't use it. I also changed the lock rotation to Mute. I think that's what really fixed it.

A Big Thanks to all that helped!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts