Sound problems with Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by vickib, May 30, 2013.

1. vickib

vickib iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For several months now (starting possibly after 6.0 update) I've been having a problem with the sound on my Ipad 2. Suddenly, all sounds.... ring tones, alarms, notifications, game sounds etc. will stop working. If I do a hard shutdown and restart, I'll get full sound function back, but after a few days or so the problem returns. I've tried turning off all apps and restarting them to see if any particular one seems to be the problem with no success. Because doing a hard shutdown and restart clears the problem for awhile, I don't think there's a problem with dust in the headphone connection or anything of that sort. One thing I have not tried, that I have read about, is doing a reset of the Ipad. What all would I have to "reset" in the apps, mail, and so forth if I tried this. I'll be going to a city soon that has an Apple store and I thought about letting them have a look at it, but I'm not sure if they do things like that there. Anyone else having this problem ?
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,534 / 1
    A visit to the Apple store is certainly warranted, if it's a software issue, they can discover what it is and correct it. If it's a hardware issue, it's covered under the warranty, if it's not expired.