What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound after updating to 4.3

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the regular recommendation - Perform a full Reset

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the switch on the side of your iPad set to mute sounds rather than control rotation lock? Switch it and see...

OP
V

Vikidenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Is the switch on the side of your iPad set to mute sounds rather than control rotation lock? Switch it and see...

Thank you so much. I now have sound! How do I switch that button back to a screen-locking button-I need that more frequently than the muting function?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vikidenn said:
Thank you so much. I now have sound! How do I switch that button back to a screen-locking button-I need that more frequently than the muting function?

It's in your settings app under general.

OP
V

Vikidenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonderful idea! This is the first day of using this replaced IPad! How do I reset the side button's use back to the screen-lock utility I that I use more frequently?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vikidenn said:
Wonderful idea! This is the first day of using this replaced IPad! How do I reset the side button's use back to the screen-lock utility I that I use more frequently?

Settings > General > Use side switch to: Lock Rotation

OP
V

Vikidenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It's in your settings app under general.

I have searched every category I can find under "general settings", but cannot locate a tab for resetting the side button to "screen-lock" from it's current setting as a "mute" button. Help once more, and I will leave you to more sophisticated topics with other subscribers.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vikidenn said:
I have searched every category I can find under "general settings", but cannot locate a tab for resetting the side button to "screen-lock" from it's current setting as a "mute" button. Help once more, and I will leave you to more sophisticated topics with other subscribers.

You are over complicating it!

Open the settings app on the iPad
Find the heading in the left hand column named "General" and click it
On that screen about half way down is the setting you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts