What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no sound when alarm triggers??

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wanted to set up the alarum on my ipad 3 but when it triggers there is no sound. yes, i do have the volume up.
obviously operator error but i can't figure it out. i have it set for chimes but have tried other sounds also.
thanks,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's muted. Take a look at the side button next to the volume button/s, or if you use these to lock rotation, at Control Center.

Also look at Settings - Sounds: make sure that "Change with buttons" is enabled.

OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A. and Elizellen: thank you both. i had the volume down in the "sounds" section.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tip:

In the Sounds settings, if you have the Change With Buttons switch on, your alert/alarm/notifications volume will be the same as the iPad's system volume. It goes up and down with the buttons and sliders.

If you turn this option off, then those sounds will always be at the volume set in the Sounds settings (and that volume slider won't change except in settings).

This is the best way to make sure you always get your alarms, even if you turn down the sound and forget.

To stop 'all' sounds when the Change With Buttons option is off, turn your sound down and turn Mute on. Mute only affects the system sounds, not music or other audio apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts