No Official Keyboard Dock for iPad 2

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Mar 25, 2011.

By Maura on Mar 25, 2011 at 8:31 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

If you’ve been wanting to get an official keyboard dock for your new iPad 2, you might be disappointed to learn that Apple doesn’t intend to release one, according to a report on 9to5 Mac today. One of the website’s readers emailed Apple Senior Vice President of Marketing, Phil Schiller, and asked him when Apple would be releasing a keyboard dock for the iPad 2. Here’s Schiller’s reply:

So I think that’s a “no†then. It sounds like there was not so much demand for the original keyboard dock, with the Bluetooth keyboard being a lot more versatile. You can’t use the dock with your iPad in a case, for example, and you can only use it in portrait mode. However, if your heart really is set on using a keyboard dock with your iPad 2, 9to5 Mac assures us that the original iPad’s keyboard dock actually works fine with the iPad 2,

Source: Schiller: No iPad 2 keyboard dock, use the soft keyboard | 9 to 5 Mac Schiller: No iPad 2 keyboard dock, use the soft keyboard | Apple Intelligence
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Mar 25, 2011.

1. the_john
      I was wondering about this, but have decided to go ahead and get the wireless keyboard instead. For what I use it for, the keyboard dock doesn't work. I can see how the demand wouldn't be as high as the wireless keyboard.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF
    2. HKWrite12
      Smart Cover

Making a dock would discourage the purchase of the smart cover, which they developed to answer the issue of not have an adequate stand. or secure one.
    3. PeteMoss
      I cannot charge our iPad with the AC adaptor; I think the batteries are f*cked. A USB 2.0 port charges it. What do you think? It's just a month old.
    4. DontUnderstandMyIpad
      If the ipad gets charged via USB 2.0 from a pc, then it seems unlikely that the battery is broken.

Have you tested the charger at a different wall outlet? If it still doesn't charge, you can get a replacement at an Apple Store.
    5. PeteMoss

Righto ... There's pry an Apple store at the Galleria Mall, Middletown, NY ... 10W? How many volts ..? Yeah, thanx 4 the crazy good idear.
    6. Tim SPRACKLEN
      We have had a couple of posts recently about faulty iPad chargers so DontUnderstandMyIpad's idea is a good one. Yes, the iPad charger is 10W and it's a universal voltage adaptor - so it will work on either 110 US outlets or the 240/250 volts in some other countries - i.e. Europe

7. DontUnderstandMyIpad
      Does this mean, you got a replacement and can now once more charge the iPad via the wall charger? Or am I missing your point completely?
    8. PeteMoss
      The point is ... how many volts the accessory is, 5.1V and a whopping 2.1A ... Hmmm ...