1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New owner question

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Opus, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just aquired a second hand iPad 1 and am looking at how to exit programs. I am expecting a white cross in a blue circle at top right, but nothing is appearing on any of the programs and there is no other obvious way that I can see of closing programs so it is necessary to use the re-set option every time. Please advise and thanks in advance for any help.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,069 / 1
    All you have to do to exit the app currently being used is to click the home button. This will cause you to exit the app and return to the home screen. The white cross in the blue circle is only seen when on a computer using Windows.
    If your iPad is running iOS 5 or later,you can also exit an app by drawing four or five spread out fingers together while touching the screen.
    Go to this page and select the manual you need for your iPad.
    http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Touch the link for the appropriate manual to download a PDF version of the manual.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks. Very helpful. The only thing is determining the OS. The info with the machine merely says iOS and can't see (Settings/General) what the OS version is. Also, need Google Earth for my work but am getting the message (via iTunes) that Safari can't download GE.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,069 / 1
    Go to Settings>General>About

image-3993070713.jpg
  5. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks. Very helpful again. A friend who also has iPad has also helped and I think things are sorted now. Thanks again.