What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner question

Opus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just aquired a second hand iPad 1 and am looking at how to exit programs. I am expecting a white cross in a blue circle at top right, but nothing is appearing on any of the programs and there is no other obvious way that I can see of closing programs so it is necessary to use the re-set option every time. Please advise and thanks in advance for any help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Opus said:
I have just aquired a second hand iPad 1 and am looking at how to exit programs. I am expecting a white cross in a blue circle at top right, but nothing is appearing on any of the programs and there is no other obvious way that I can see of closing programs so it is necessary to use the re-set option every time. Please advise and thanks in advance for any help.

All you have to do to exit the app currently being used is to click the home button. This will cause you to exit the app and return to the home screen. The white cross in the blue circle is only seen when on a computer using Windows.
If your iPad is running iOS 5 or later,you can also exit an app by drawing four or five spread out fingers together while touching the screen.
Go to this page and select the manual you need for your iPad.
http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Touch the link for the appropriate manual to download a PDF version of the manual.

Last edited:
OP
O

Opus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Very helpful. The only thing is determining the OS. The info with the machine merely says iOS and can't see (Settings/General) what the OS version is. Also, need Google Earth for my work but am getting the message (via iTunes) that Safari can't download GE.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Opus said:
Many thanks. Very helpful. The only thing is determining the OS. The info with the machine merely says iOS and can't see (Settings/General) what the OS version is. Also, need Google Earth for my work but am getting the message (via iTunes) that Safari can't download GE.

Go to Settings>General>About

image-3993070713.jpg

OP
O

Opus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Very helpful again. A friend who also has iPad has also helped and I think things are sorted now. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts