1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by michelinmanuk, Sep 4, 2012.

1. michelinmanuk

michelinmanuk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Morning,

My name is Lionel,

I am 61 and working on a helpdesk. My reason for joining is that I bought myself an Ipad 2 without the 3G sim, I am trying to connect to the internet, I have bought myself a MiFi 3G router. The Ipad picks up the to router, but I have no connection to the internet.

I thought that a forum such as this might be the place to start.

Kind regards :)
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    Well, I have to start with the obvious questions, first. Have you contacted the carrier (from where you got the 3G device) to see if they've activated your plan yet? Or, that you haven't run out of your data allotment and need to buy more?

Other than that, I can't think why the iPad won't connect. Hopefully, someone else will come along with some more ideas.

Marilyn
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum Lionel!