What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Iphone

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an iPhone on eBay which the phone looks new. I wanted to set the pho e up much like I did my other iPhone. Both phones have bad ESN numbers which is fine I use iPhones for wifi services. On the previous iPhone I was able to set the phone up with out any problems.

On the one I just purchased I put in my apple ID and password and that did not work. Something about the phone being linked to an account. The owner must have forgot to reset the phone completely.

Is there a way to check the phones serial number to contact the owner other than through eBay?

The serial number is on the outside of the box.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased an iPhone on eBay which the phone looks new. I wanted to set the pho e up much like I did my other iPhone. Both phones have bad ESN numbers which is fine I use iPhones for wifi services. On the previous iPhone I was able to set the phone up with out any problems. On the one I just purchased I put in my apple ID and password and that did not work. Something about the phone being linked to an account. The owner must have forgot to reset the phone completely. Is there a way to check the phones serial number to contact the owner other than through eBay? The serial number is on the outside of the box. Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
I have to tell you that only the original owner of this iPhone can properly erase it by inputting his Apple ID and password. If you manage to contact him, he can do this through the iCloud account on his computer. He can remove the iPhone from his iCloud account and remotely erase all of his user data still on the phone.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to tell you that only the original owner of this iPhone can properly erase it by inputting his Apple ID and password. If you manage to contact him, he can do this through the iCloud account on his computer. He can remove the iPhone from his iCloud account and remotely erase all of his user data still on the phone.

I keep writing to the seller on eBay every time him writes the same exact reply which is.

"I know you had to have read the description on this iphone before you purchased this from me . Its very clear in all parts of this listing that this is a Activation Locked , Bad Esn and its only for "AS IS PARTS ONLY" . So that is exactly what I listed and stated over and over and that is what you purchased . "

I received the above same reply 5 times. Some of these eBay sellers should not be allowed on eBay.

I did get an answer from Sprint where the phone is activated on. I searched the IMEI number and found the carriers name. I was told to take the phone to the Sprint store and get the phone off any existing account. I will at that time see how to get the phone off any ITunes account. I have no idea why the seller dies not do any of these things to help.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts