What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime Issue

Bob Haigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have set up my iPad mini and it is working well with the exception of facetime. The ipad is to share between my wife and I and is the wifi only version. THe ipad has linked itself to my Apple phone number and I believe that this is causing the ipad to not be able to facetime to my apple phone. All other contacts I can face time. HOw do I delete my phone number from trhe ipad or put in a different number to allow my to call the iPhone from the ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > FaceTime, on your iPad, remove the iPhone's number from the You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At list. On the iPhone, remove the email address that you want to use when calling the iPad.

In the Caller ID list make sure the phone number is checked on the iPhone, and the email address checked for the iPad.

For perfect clarity of what address or phone number will call that device you can also remove any extra email addresses in those lists.

OP
B

Bob Haigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings > FaceTime, on your iPad, remove the iPhone's number from the You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At list. On the iPhone, remove the email address that you want to use when calling the iPad.

In the Caller ID list make sure the phone number is checked on the iPhone, and the email address checked for the iPad.

For perfect clarity of what address or phone number will call that device you can also remove any extra email addresses in those lists.

OP
B

Bob Haigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It must be me that is being stupid. I can uncheck the number in the iPad but not delete. Any advice?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If t looks like this:
image.jpg

tap the i in the circle behind the phone number. Then you should be able to delete it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unchecking is probably good enough. Deleting would be better. As Johanna says, you should tap the (i) next to the number for the delete option in the first list.

You can not delete the entries in the Caller ID list; but I believe that they will go away if you delete the same number in the You Can Be Reached. . . list.

Most reactions

Latest posts