What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New IPad won't rotate to Horizontal View

haziepops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I've just bought a new Ipad2 which I can't get to view when I turn it to the horizontal position. I've checked that the screen lock isn't on and can't find any way in general settings to make it change the orientation.

Anyone got any ideas? :)

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the lock is turned off and you don't have any apps running that requires the horizontal view, I would consider taking the iPad back and get a new one.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Settings app, what is the "use side switch" option set to?

And also, is there a small icon at the top right of your screen which shows a padlock with a rotating arrow round it?

Last edited:

JustinOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has happened once to me as some type of glitch... Power your iPad off and restart it. Don't just put it to sleep, but actually hold the power button for a few seconds and slide the screen to power it off. Then turn it back on after a few seconds. That will probably fix it. Good luck

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you running an iPhone app or an app that does not allow landscape mode? There are many of those...

Julsnlb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, duh. Didn't even know there was an option for switching back and forth between mute and rotate.

:)

Stacywilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even i was just thinking...to inform you regarding the settings..but good..that you have sorted out..:)

bobsammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JustinOhio said:
This has happened once to me as some type of glitch... Power your iPad off and restart it. Don't just put it to sleep, but actually hold the power button for a few seconds and slide the screen to power it off. Then turn it back on after a few seconds. That will probably fix it. Good luck

Thanks Justin! I just got an IPAD2 for Christmas and it stop rotating? your suggestion worked perfectly!
bobsammer

Most reactions