What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen orientation won't change

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I turn my iPad from horizontal to verticle, the screen won't rotate. Where is the rotation lock? I thought it was the button at the top right beside the volume but that's not working. Do I go into settings?

Edit, weird but now it's working and I don't think I changed anything knowingly? Why?

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click the home button and swipe right.

Sent from K48

Andikristine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click the home screen button and all the open apps pop up on the bottom of the screen....then swipe your finger across them from left to right. The screen lock will appear on the far left. Hope that helps!

ianmhodge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this problem for the first time today, having had an ipad2 for over a year and recently replaced it with this model. I've read all the helps on this topic and none of them work for me - very frustrating! The onlyoneicant try is the "slap the iPad writhe smart over" coz I don't have a smart cover!

Does anyone have a solutionbeforei have to get this replaced?

Pam V

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 3 won't change orientation - this solution worked!

by double clicking on home key and sweeping left to right ... unlocked it and now works great! thank you!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts