What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad mail checking exchange account every one second, running battery down

cinequip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my email accounts uses Microsoft Exchange. I have push enabled. The "checking for mail" action happens once a second, continually for this account only. The battery drained from 85% last night to 40% when I got up this morning. I changed the account from push to fetch, and set a 15min. interval. That solved the problem, but of course I don't get email instantaneously anymore.

My hotmail account has push enabled, I get email immediately and it doesn't check for mail every second like the exchange account.

My old iPad 1 had push enabled for exchange, and it worked just fine.

Anybody else using exchange, that has seen this problem?

OP
C

cinequip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I have fixed the problem with Apple Fast Lane support. Problem occurred because of a glitch in iCloud restore of all settings to the new iPad from a previous iPad. The fix was to remove the exchange email account totally from the new iPad, reset network settings, and then re-setup the exchange email account manually on the device.

Now push mail is back on, email arrives instantaneously as it should, and the continuous "checking for mail" every two seconds is gone.

So, if you have a Microsoft Exchange account - SET IT UP MANUALLY on your new iPad - don't rely on iCloud restore.

Most reactions