cant get mail from second account!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jkup2, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Jkup2

Jkup2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone help me??. I have rebooted my ipad 1, deleted and recreated my exchange mailbox 3 times(all my associated folders exist,etc..so the account is created correctly)..but it wont load any emails to this exchange account. I get them fine thru outlook on my office laptop and thru webmail (on this ipad and on my other pcs) but all of a sudden Monday, mid afternoon, i stopped getting mail to this mail account on my ipad. I have another mail box( comcast ) set up and that works fine, but my exchange one just spins and spins connecting and then eventually comes up with the error box that says, "cannot get mail, connection to server failed".
    I have att 3G cellular service, all power bars are showing...the flower turns and turns. I have an active subscription for service. when at home i use my wifi thru comcast and this mail box does not work either.
    My office IT person has gone thru all settings with me and all is well there. Hes perplexed as well. Im pulling my hair out!! Please any help is appreciated:)
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,179 / 1
    This is a long shot, but some exchange servers are set to allow only one external connection at a time. Try shutting down your laptop or anything else that you have set up for the account and try again.

If that works, talk to the IT guy again and see if he can set the server to allow multiple connections.
  3. Jkup2

Jkup2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks , I have done all that, and nada. The funny thing is that I can send mail out on that account, but cannot get any. All folders are in place. before this all started (or stopped), I had to change my signature for my office email and after that this all occurred. Could that cause this..do you think?? And any remedies?? Re syching to iTunes??
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,179 / 1
    When you changed the signature, is it possible you also changes the account's setting (at the office) to allow RTF formatted emails? This would have been a natural thing for you to do if you tried to add color or other formatting to the new sig.
  5. TheEventNut

TheEventNut iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting. I'm experiencing the opposite. I can receive but can't send from 2nd account. No matter who I try to send to, it reads "e-mail rejected by server." can anyone please help? thank you!