New Arrival Louis Vuitton iPad Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by lili, Jun 1, 2010.

1. lili

lili iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    now i read a blog which LV Outlet luxury, i share a iPad Accessories

" Just as how LV was the first luxury label to debut an Apple iPod case back in the day, the French leathergoods and ready-to-wear house has rolled out a special case designed for the iPad. While it’s almost the price of the iPad itself, for those who work in the fashion or entertainment industries, it’s a small price to pay for a stylish yet durable cover. I have a lot of friends who own iPads, and they all complain that the standard cover is ugly, leaves fingerprints and dirt smudges. These ladies and gents tote their iPads in their designer bags and briefcases; it’s only fitting that they have something equally as stylish to house a tool that they will undoubtedly use a lot of in the presence of others. Granted, I don’t recommend buying one if you can’t afford it–I would hope that’s obvious. Available in classic Monogram or the masculine Damier Graphite, each case is scratch resistant. The iPad slips right out from on top to prevent accidental spills. If quality mixed in with some ostentatious style is your cup of tea, then this is worth your consideration. Available at Louis Vuitton boutiques or 866-VUITTON for $390."
  2. lucyna

lucyna iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. sunny881120

sunny881120 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's true to say LV is very very expensive. I don't think it's worth to purchase such an expensive case for ipad. And, I got my case from the store this store (Apple Accessories - IPad Accessories - Case & Bag - ShoppingKool). It has case with the price below USD 10. Don't think it's cheap, the quality is quite good.
  4. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    The people who will purchase a LV case will not care what it costs and probably can't tell you what their iPad cost either... They care about the brand first and foremost. I bet they sell thousands of them too...

-t
  5. SaberOne

SaberOne iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the Vaja Agenda case with custom colors. With shipping it ran $250 and I actually like it. The colors are not as bright as the website but it still looks fantastic. I'll buy another one when the iPad3 comes to market.
  6. Plainsman

Plainsman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Betcha Paris Hilton has one. Maybe two.
  7. JAILBIRD

JAILBIRD iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I personaly wouldn't buy anything with a LV name on it. (or Coach, D&G, etc.) I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product, but most of the "big names" started with a good product and then lowered quality as their name created an anchor hold in the marketplace.
  8. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The problem with "brands" is that you're paying for the label and/or marketing (e.g. expensive celebrity endorsements), and not always for the quality or workmanship of the product itself. In other words, if you choose to carry a LV or Kate Spade or D&G product around, a great deal of the cachet is in being seen carrying and using the item.

On the other hand, there are other vendors which, although not exactly household names, do produce quality items at premium prices - for example, Oberon Design or Saddleback Leather, both of which make absolutely first-class iPad cases made from top quality leather.

(In fact, because full-grain leather isn't as "shiny" but more of a semi-gloss, many premium brands make their leather goods from more inferior hides which have been coated over to make them look slick - so not only are you paying extra for the brand, you're getting a poorer quality product on top of it.)
  9. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Branding is everything... for some people.

More expensive has never automatically meant better quality.

-t
  10. Hdchiky

Hdchiky iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    ...but...IMHO... you DO usually do get what you pay for.. you buy cheap - you get cheap!!!

Chiky
  11. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    But if you buy expensive often all you get is expensive, not better quality.

-t
  12. antonio107

antonio107 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm amused by all the people saying you're overpaying on something that's just a glorified brand, that the price of this ridiculous and unjustified...and yet they have an Ipad that's probably more expensive than a laptop. :p
  13. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Don't understand what you mean. There are laptops and brands which are both more expensive and less expensive than iPads, but at least you know exactly what you're getting in terms of hardware and specs.

But if you buy a leather case from LV, Montblanc, Kate Spade, etc, do you know which quality, grade and type of grain of hide you're actually getting?
  14. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would amend this to state: More expensive is not automatically better quality, but top quality is almost never cheap. (Not in the world of leather craftsmanship, anyway.)
  15. farmboy

farmboy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Would you mind posting up your customized iPad2 case? Would love to see how it looks.
  16. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    True. That's why the Sena ZipBook in high gloss leather with true suede interior is an amazing bargain at $20.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sena-ZipBook-Leather-Case-Black/dp/B003LFCK8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310677926&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sena ZipBook Leather Case for iPad (Black): Electronics[/ame]
  17. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes and no... I have not seen the Sena ZipBook firsthand yet, but if the type of leather they use is similar to the Sena Folio, then it's not a very high grade of leather to begin with, anyway.

This is a pretty good explanation of the different grades/qualities of leather -- Why Saddleback Leather Is Better - Guide to Buying Leather. The leathers with standout quality are the top-grain and full-grain hides - you'll also see that "genuine leather" sits at about low-to-middle grade, and is commonly refinished/painted to make it look more posh than it actually is.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  18. gcggiorma

gcggiorma iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lots of people like this style case.
  19. eiphoneaccessories

eiphoneaccessories iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0