What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which case to get?

medi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but I spent way too much time on the Internet and travelling to various stores (The Apple Store, Best Buy. Staples, Target) to compare Ipad covers. I ended up buying Cyer Acoustic's 1000 Ipad Cover. I knew I bought a winner when recently I went to The Apple Store to trouble shoot a problem on the Ipad and the tech asked me where I got the cover and stated "I've seen a lot of covers and yours is one of the best". The cover is nothing fancy but works well for me--all for less than $38.

Check out the reviews at Amazon.com for Cyber Acoustics IC-1000 Ipad boook cover.

Last edited:

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Book' type iPad cases

Cases are awfully subjective choices, aren't they?

For myself, at home, a simple slip case seemed adequate, but for out and about - especially on the long flight twixt Chicago and Frankfurt - a "book" case appealed to me. I really like the appearance of the BookBook, but it looks like a valuable book (tempting theft) and I also wasn't convinced it provided adequate protection. Treegloo, Dodo, and Pad & Quill seem very similar and are made from Pine, Bamboo and Birch respectively. Of the three woods, Birch is by far the strongest, so I bought the Pad & Quill. It's a nice looking case and provides (I hope) adequate protection for my iPad. Pad & Quill is very small Minnesota company that responds quickly to email and seems committed to producing high quality cases.

But that's just my experience, I'm sure there are lots of iPad owners who would hate my case. So I hope you have the time to do lots of research. :)

PS: Sorry to appear inconsiderate and not provide links, but I'm too new to be allowed to use links in a post apparently. Google will have to suffice for the those who are curious about the referenced products. :eek:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe we can ignore the brand, fake or not. I mean care about the color only

Sorry, I was going by the picture on your initial post, which appeared to be LV all the way. If you're just going for colour, though, there are any number of plain covers in various materials and price ranges to select from.

bdullea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the slip case that comes directly from apple as well as I just purchased a few weeks ago a Zagg Mate keyboard/case. I find for general carry around the office to meetings and such the apple case works real well, light offers someprotection and adds no real weight. The Zagg mate on the other hans I use to enter notes or long emails and usally use it at home or where I have some room to work. Works great for this. If a simple light case that looks good, then go with the apple, if you need a little more protection and the ability to have a keyboard handy, the Zaggmate is the way to go.

Blnches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which Case to Get

I bought the Apple iPad case recommended in the store. It was very thin and smudged badly, BUT, as I said, it was very thin and light weight.

I had to exchange my iPad and it was horrible to get off, so very tight. Since then I've purchased 2 different leather cases. One with a snap (nice), then I found another that propped up better. But still not quite high enough for my continued comfort. Then I got a "recliner" for it...which gives me great viewing angles and for typing as well. With the recliner I would be happy with ANY case that I felt would cushion a drop. Even my original Apple cover.

NITROFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOOBAO Slim Genuine Leather Executive Case

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnNPqdxrlVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several cases with my iPad and so far my best set up is a Coveroo cover for most times, and when I need more, I have a small messenger bag that holds the iPad, charger cable, screen wipe, and a set of ear plugs. I tried several Apple style cases and found them too bulky. The only gripe about the Coveroo is that snap on covers are a little difficult to take off single handed. It would be nice to have simple quick release. I would also like a slide cover for the power button. I seem to have a habit of hitting it at odd times.

To me, the more you carry with the iPad, the more you diminish the function of the system. What is really needed is ways to mount the iPad for use in vehicles and other modes of travel.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cases are awfully subjective choices, aren't they?

Given that everyone gets (more or less) an identical iPad product, accessories are one of the most important and visible ways that we display our individual tastes.

Treegloo, Dodo, and Pad & Quill seem very similar and are made from Pine, Bamboo and Birch respectively. Of the three woods, Birch is by far the strongest, so I bought the Pad & Quill. It's a nice looking case and provides (I hope) adequate protection for my iPad.

Pad & Quill was also on my shortlist when I was looking for a Moleskine-style cover. One of the decision points for me to go with Treegloo was how they constructed the frame using separate pieces rather than as a single frame. It is more efficient and incurs less wastage, and the traditional corner joint is more resistant/flexible to impact than a single frame. Apparently the adhesive they use to join the corners is stronger than the wood, too.

From what I've seen, Pad & Quill, Treegloo and Portenzo all make pretty good Moleskine cases. Dodo, unfortunately, has been continually plagued with various durability and design issues which the company seems unwilling or unable to fix.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use several cases / configs depending upon the situation. I love the Zagg keyboard cover - fits well and is very functional. But I'm also not that into keyboards for typing.

The Apple case is quite thin and has great form and feel - I really like this case as well.

For general carrying around and going out to the store, etc. I use a ColcaSac. Quite functional and very smart looking. The storage pouch accommodates my pen stylus as well as a cell phone and/or my Compass Stand.

applefanatik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iChair - www.goichair.com

if you want something light and functional go to goichair.com , great case with two stands to do portrait/landscape and typing!

Most reactions

Latest posts