What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with Netflix. I am. The show stops repeatedly. Or it will play with sound but the video is frozen. This happens a lot. I've talked to customer service and they've done their thing. Now they are saying factory reset. If you are using Netflix with no problem let me know. Maybe I have a lemon. I have a kindle fire and have no problems with Netflix when I use it. Look forward to hearing from someone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regularly use NF on two iPads, two Kindle Fire HDs and a Samsung Galaxy 7" with few probs. The sound, but no picture thing has happened maybe twice in the past three years or so, and I just stopped and resumed play and my movie picked up again.

Have you checked your iPad's online connection? It might be breaking up, which will interrupt streaming but not be as noticeable while surfing.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. The online connection shouldn't be a problem. If the kindle fire works just fine then the iPad should too. I will try customer service again. Maybe I'll just ask them to send me a replacement.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I did and that didn't help. Two people with no problems leads me to believe it might just be the iPad that I have. I'm on my 3rd kindle fire and soon my 2nd iPad. Maybe I should have gotten a laptop.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. The online connection shouldn't be a problem. If the kindle fire works just fine then the iPad should too. I will try customer service again. Maybe I'll just ask them to send me a replacement.

iPads tend to have more finicky connections, so I wouldn't assume that if the Kindle works, the iPad will, too. Each device is diff, and antennas aren't identical even among diff iPads, much less in devices from two diff companies.

If you're having the same prob with NF on various devices, it's probably your connection. I mention that in case your previous iPad had the same prob.

wpgmini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using bluetooth at the same time for wireless headphones or streaming audio?

I noticed my wifi signal and bandwidth dwindle while using bluetooth and netflix.

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed this since the Netflix upgrade. I am thinking it has something to do with that. I have an iPad mini and it happens on there and my 4s. I didn't upgrade my ipad 1 to new Netflix upgrade and I don't have that problem.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed this since the Netflix upgrade. I am thinking it has something to do with that. I have an iPad mini and it happens on there and my 4s. I didn't upgrade my ipad 1 to new Netflix upgrade and I don't have that problem.

My Netflix has been upgraded each time on iPad 2 and 4 without prob. Netflix released the latest upgrade two days ago. I've been watching a series, and haven't noticed any difference in performance.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no such problems and regularly stream video while using my bluetooth headphones. Sounds like a wifi issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts