What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad & Netflix

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why am I having such a hard time with iPad and Netflix and Amazon video. They are continually stopping or freezing with the audio going but the video stopped. This does not happen with my kindle fire. Help!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Amazon Instant Video and Netflix on iPad 2 and 4, two Kindle Fire HDs and other devices, and the sound and video quality are fine on all.

iPads seem to have more finicky wifi connections in general, so I'd look toward that with your iPad and router setup.

Reaction score
I think it is cool since they updated it I am soooo addicted to it I get kind of mad when Netflix is not the same everywhere ( ie pc,apple tv, wii,) bet I soooo love it it's like what is the point of cable or premiemuem cable when you have Netflix and there are all these redboxes everywhere

Reaction score
I just got Hulu ( YAY SCREAMS FAINTS) relly cool. Unfortuantally I still have the abomination CABLE ( Boo WORLDWIDE) I just love streaming anytime anywhere anyplace. ( shouts)

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it is cool since they updated it I am soooo addicted to it I get kind of mad when Netflix is not the same everywhere ( ie pc,apple tv, wii,) bet I soooo love it it's like what is the point of cable or premiemuem cable when you have Netflix and there are all these redboxes everywhere

I enjoy it too, do you how I can watch movies that are being shown in other countries, some aren't available in the uk?

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my Mini for Netflix daily. The picture and sound is great on any of my Apple devices. The only time it freezes is when my phone jumps to 3G, but it usually only last a few seconds, then it picks right back up. I know you said your fire wasn't having this problem, but usually anytime the picture freezes, it's usually your Internet connection.

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my Mini for Netflix daily. The picture and sound is great on any of my Apple devices. The only time it freezes is when my phone jumps to 3G, but it usually only last a few seconds, then it picks right back up. I know you said your fire wasn't having this problem, but usually anytime the picture freezes, it's usually your Internet connection.

Are you able to view any shows that are available in other countries? If so , do you know how it's done

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to view any shows that are available in other countries? If so , do you know how it's done

Subscribe to a VPN service (which hides your IP address), then buy or rent what you want to see from a service that offers what you're trying to see. Because your question is vague, the answer is general. There's no one way to see everything in other countries.

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Subscribe to a VPN service (which hides your IP address), then buy or rent what you want to see from a service that offers what you're trying to see. Because your question is vague, the answer is general. There's no one way to see everything in other countries.

Thanks you for your help, I'm sorry , I wasn't too clear, I thought that I was carrying on from where I had left off about Netflix. Little did I know that you only saw the tail end of my query,, are you able to recommend a good VPN service at all ? Kind regards D.x

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help Section where it will get better attention.

Thanks!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you for your help, I'm sorry , I wasn't too clear, I thought that I was carrying on from where I had left off about Netflix. Little did I know that you only saw the tail end of my query,, are you able to recommend a good VPN service at all ? Kind regards D.x

I can see the whole thread, but the thread has covered various services, including Hulu and Netflix, so it would require someone to assume what specific shows you were seeking. I try not to assume.

If you want to see U.S. shows on Netflix, get VPN and a US Netflix account. VPN is available from many sources, so I can recommend what I use, but I don't know if it's flat-out the best service (works well for me is all I can vouch for); I use HideMyAss.

As for a US Netflix account if you don't live in the US and have no US credit card, I don't know the details. Maybe someone else can help or you can google.

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can see the whole thread, but the thread has covered various services, including Hulu and Netflix, so it would require someone to assume what specific shows you were seeking. I try not to assume.

If you want to see U.S. shows on Netflix, get VPN and a US Netflix account. VPN is available from many sources, so I can recommend what I use, but I don't know if it's flat-out the best service (works well for me is all I can vouch for); I use HideMyAss.

As for a US Netflix account if you don't live in the US and have no US credit card, I don't know the details. Maybe someone else can help or you can google.

Ok, I will be more careful, only joined yesterday . I will do just as you advise, I'm in the UK, and I am just learning. But you have been great, and I appreciate your help. Bye for now xx

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I will be more careful, only joined yesterday . I will do just as you advise, I'm in the UK, and I am just learning. But you have been great, and I appreciate your help. Bye for now xx

Hope you get what you seek. You mentioned wanting to see shows in "countries" plural. US Netflix will offer different shows than UK Netflix, Canada Netflix, etc. So if you really want to see specific shows, best to name them. I use VPN from the US to watch shows from Asia and Europe, but I use a bunch of different apps to do that, because there is no unified app or site from which to see everything. Depending on what you want to see, there also are cable TV and commercial network TV apps that offer shows on a limited basis. Again, depends on what you want to see.

There's an app called CanIStream.It that tells you what shows or movies are available via what service. I don't know whether that app is available beyond the US, but you might check for it if you have specific shows in mind.

duma1954

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:(thank you to every one for helping me. I'm a newbie and I have to learn somewhere. Thanks or your patience :)

Most reactions

Latest posts