What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix not working after iPad 2 jailbreak

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with Netflix after the jailbreak. Everything works up until it starts to prepare and then the whole app force closes. I called Netflix and went thru every troubleshoot scenario they had. The guy was utterly confused and said that he actually had no idea what else to do. I wasn't about to tell him my iPad was jailbroken ;) I think if anyone else is having problems they should call in to and freak them out. If anyone has a remedy I would be much obliged. :)

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not help us figure it out, but they said the exact same thing happens with the time Warner cable app as well.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I just started running a movie on my iPad2 WiFi only iPad, no problems (BTW, Iron Man 2 just got released for streaming!). So, there are two things I would recommend for you: (1) Try a re-boot (hold both the sleep and hold buttons until after the "slide to unlock" button appears, the screen goes dark and then the white apple icon appears).

(2) If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Netflix app (from the App Store). You won't get charged again, so it's worth a shot.

Other than that, I've got nothing 'cause, as I said, my iPad2 is running fine...

Oh, and the Time Warner Cable app is different in that they deliberately wrote their app to recognize and reject jailbroken iPads. That is not what is happening/has been done by Netflix. Different scenario.

Marilyn

OP
Serianni

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, I just started running a movie on my iPad2 WiFi only iPad, no problems (BTW, Iron Man 2 just got released for streaming!). So, there are two things I would recommend for you: (1) Try a re-boot (hold both the sleep and hold buttons until after the "slide to unlock" button appears, the screen goes dark and then the white apple icon appears).

(2) If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Netflix app (from the App Store). You won't get charged again, so it's worth a shot.

Other than that, I've got nothing 'cause, as I said, my iPad2 is running fine...

Marilyn

I've tried all of those already :( nothing works. I have a 64gb Verizon 3G iPad 2 so maybe it has to do with the CDMA... I need some more people with the same to check it out and see if it's just me

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, just tried a video in Netflix on my jailbroken iPad 2 (same exact version as you, Seranni), and it runs just fine. To be honest though, I have seen some apps have a little more problem since I jailbroke, but it was always temporary.

Perhaps this will also be temporary or maybe there is a conflict with an extension you've installed. I've installed SBSettings and RetinaPad so far.

Most reactions