Need serious help please!

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by natthewife, Sep 11, 2014.

1. natthewife

natthewife
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad mini in dfu mode trying to restore but keep getting 3014 error :( how do I access troubleshooting? Do I do in iTunes to check host name as I can't see anywhere it is? Firewall an all disabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. natthewife

natthewife
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got sorted. Using someone else's comp done the trick thank you for your reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome.

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello Natthewife - first, I'm glad that you recovered from the problem w/ your iPad and that Johanna was always helpful, as expected.

But second and not directed @ you but in general, the title of your thread, i.e. Need serious help please! is of no use and those that I tend to avoid even viewing - if you had opened w/ something like iPad in dfu mode restore but getting 3014 error (paraphrasing your opening sentence), you would likely receive more views and potentially more helpful posts.

Just a general observation of writing an appropriate title to an opening thread to attract attention that may be helpful - as an experienced forum poster (and responder), I tend not to look at threads w/ such un-helpful titles. Dave :)