What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad locked down after alarm activitated

ipad2be

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, need desperate help. Just installed a Free Alarm app on my ipad and tried it out. As the alarm activated, the screen suddenly went into a flashing mode (no sound). Then I couldn't unlock the screen. Actually there was nothing I could do. Practically the whole thing is locked down. I tried rebooting few times but after rebooted all I got was the flashing screen.

Please please help.:confused:

thanks.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wellll....which free alarm app was it?...you could sync up to iTunes and un-install it that way.....

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It Would Be Useful

Hi, need desperate help. Just installed a Free Alarm app on my ipad and tried it out. As the alarm activated, the screen suddenly went into a flashing mode (no sound). Then I couldn't unlock the screen. Actually there was nothing I could do. Practically the whole thing is locked down. I tried rebooting few times but after rebooted all I got was the flashing screen.

Please please help.:confused:

thanks.

If you CAN remember the name of the app, but ultimately that might not help us that much.

As suggested above, you could try syncing to remove the app (make sure you untick it in the apps section if this works, or Itunes will replace it)

Try a HARD re-boot:

iPad 2: How to Hard Reset on iPad 2

See if this works and get back to us :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - don't panic - all is OK...just needs a reboot as the previous posters have suggested...OK.. cup of coffee to relax....

OK - now - press the Home and Power buttons simultaneously until the white Apple logo appears - it will, have faith - could be up to one minute - then sit back and relax - more coffee? - and soon you'll be up and running again.

Don't worry about this - it happens to all iPads occasionally - after all, it's only a reboot...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts